Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Schwinn Pics Here!

331K views 694 replies 211 participants last post by  shwinn8 
#1 ·
Schwinn 240-DSX with half the stock parts exchanged for decent ones. The frame is the bomb!

Attachments

See less See more
#459 · (Edited)
These pictures are from before the rear disc brake bracket was added, and had older Conti tires. Current tires are red-sided panaracers.

REMOVED IMAGES: because I already posted a few pages back. Sorry about that. I was so impressed with the performance that I wanted to share, and didn't recall that I already had.

99 S-10 Carbon
BB-7 Brakes
2010 Reba SL 100mm fork
Custom Shock from Risse Racing (Genesis)
New swingarm bushings, bought straight from the designer, John C. himself!
2010 NOS XT shifters
2010 CrossMax ST wheels
Easton Carbon bar
ODI grips
original DX crank
original LX front and XTR rear derailleurs
Panaracer Fire XC pros tubeless
27.5 lbs, All in under $1100
Rode 5 hours on Friday and cleaned some amazing steep and technical climbs, still had legs for trail at the end. Love that instant lockout: just stand up and it climbs like a HT! My other bike (see sig) is more fun doing gnarly descents and jumps, but this bike is the tits when it comes to all day epics.

Reactions: bad mechanic
#469 ·
Here is my updated 2001 Rocket 88-3.

Bought it new in 2001 along with a 2001 Moab 2. I mounted new Avid BB7 mechanical discs on new Mavic Cross Wheels. Also replaced the SRAM cassette with a Shimano XT 11-34 and the small and medium chainrings with XT, all running on a Shimano HG-93 chain.

It originally came with Michelin 2.1 F/R. I'm running a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 on the front and a WTB Bronson 2.1 on the rear.

The Fox Float has a new kit and the Manitou fork re-lubed. The suspension is in great shape, thanks in part to Schwinn's switch to bearings from bushings in 2001.

Attachments

#552 · (Edited)
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is a 2000 Moab 3 in Deep Metallic Blue/Silver. Bikepedia says the Headset is "1 1/8 threadless Schwinn Go Ahead" and the 2000 Schwinn catalog scan of the page with the Moab 3 (BonusTomato didn't have that page) from Schwinn catalogs, 1991 - 2000 (534 of 577) indeed indicates that it has the "Schwinn ICBM 1 1/8"". So.....I guess the proof is actually in the head race dimensions.

This is sweet......nice having something fun and constructive to do while sitting around home with the flu.

#661 ·
Homegrown resurrection fusing old & new

I recently completed this build of a modern 2000 Homegrown that pays homage to one I owned around 2002. This build fuses an interesting mix of modern and old elements.

Attachments

#687 ·
Rocket 88

Here is my old Rocket 88 stage 2. in the process of getting a 1x out on it so my friend can use and ride with me. I have an IBIS Ripley now but the Rocket is still good enough for a newbie to use(i think). ignore the bags and stuff. that was in my "use on the road for workout purposes" days.

Attachments

#2 ·
Ok, I'll play. My parts bike. 2000 Moab 2. 22.5lbs in the pic. Every bolt is ti or alum except the stem. Handbuilt wheels(AC hub, DB spokes, and VXC up front), 02 Marathon fork(3.28lb..and JUST put back on), 2x9 isis drive Turbines, carbon bars, Eggs, Paul Love levers, XTR RD and pods, WCS foam grips, Karma tires, etc etc etc. The only parts that are original are the seat post clamp(ti bolt tho)and the FD(alum pinch bolt tho).

#6 ·
Here is mine: stock setup ecept for the SR Suntour fork, Mavic 138 Rims laced to Shimano hubs, Aheadset SR headset, stem and saddle. Getting a new Zokes Nitro fork (100mm travel) and sometime down the line next year some deore disc brakes with deore disc rims laced to sun rhyno lite rims. Might even get some Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires with yellow sidewall to brighten the ride up. This is not my main ride. Actually I ride a Kona most of the time. But this is my first "True" full suspension bike - Every other one I have owned was a department store bike. :p

Attachments

#9 ·
Carlos G said:
Now that you repaired the cracks on your frame. How does it ride?
Great!!! A very comfortable ride. It has very active rear suspension and does suffer from some pedal bobbing on climbs. But it certainly makes up for it when the trail turns downward
:p .
I may in the future try a SPV rear shock and see how that goes. For now I'm just enjoying the ride.