Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mongoose hotlink

a real underrated frame as well as the same era mongoose Triumph,Massif,Fairlane,Sommet.so much is said of the more modern DW link,yet the hotlink was out much sooner.and the adjustable head tube angle is a real plus.had a Sommet & the rear hotlink did everything excellent.good luck with the new ride.Marquis was big$$$ back in the day.
    Last edited by 02_NRS; 01-23-2015 at 05:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I'll post some more pics as I get parts installed. Biggest thing I need right now is a fork. Shooting for a RockShox Sektor as they have the travel I'm looking for and a price I can handle. I can't believe some of the current prices on forks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Amazon deal/

http://www.amazon.com/RockShox-Sekto...ds=fox+fork+26
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLord View Post
    I'll post some more pics as I get parts installed. Biggest thing I need right now is a fork. Shooting for a RockShox Sektor as they have the travel I'm looking for and a price I can handle. I can't believe some of the current prices on forks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    This is my teocali comp 2006

Been neglected over the years so it is currently undergoing a colour change and full rebuild.

post your mongoose-214.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

MongoosePro Grand Marquis Finished!

Finally finished my MongoosePro Grand Marquis build. This build took longer than anticipated but I just finished cutting and bleeding the brakes this week and now have to wait for the weather to clear up to hit the trail.
    The major components include: ODI Flight Control Wingtip bars, NukeProof Warhead stem, Selle Italia Q-Bik saddle, Shimano Deore hydraulic discs and shifter, Manitou Match Comp 130mm fork, ODI Troy Lee Designs lock-on grips, Truvativ Howitzer crankset, and X-Fusion RL rear shock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post your mongoose-dscf7531-1024x768-.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscf7533-1024x768-.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscf7530-1024x768-.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscf7532-1024x768-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Looks good. I can't wait for the weather to finally break.

Moderator Moderator

My new bike at oak mountain by Randall Cooper, on Flickr

Walmart bought 27.5 Mongoose ledge, rode like a champ The 650b spring on it is great, the fork needs to be stronger but did very well for a $200 bike.
    Southeastern Mountain Bike forum
    Randall Cooper on Flickr
    If you have a problem please feel free to PM me.

mtbr member
    New rear shock (RockShox Monarch Rt3 Debonair ) and pedals for my Teocali called for a wash and wax with a picture session
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post your mongoose-dscn0050.jpg  

post your mongoose-1.jpg  

post your mongoose-1a.jpg  

post your mongoose-2.jpg  

post your mongoose-3.jpg  

post your mongoose-4.jpg  

post your mongoose-5.jpg  

post your mongoose-6.jpg  

post your mongoose-7.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscn0058.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscn0066.jpg  

post your mongoose-dscn0069.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Let me know what u think of the shock. I'm considering a DHX Air or Monarch Plus for mine to replace the MC3.1 on there now.

Moderator Moderator
    That is a nice Bike.
    Southeastern Mountain Bike forum
    Randall Cooper on Flickr
    If you have a problem please feel free to PM me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlabama205 View Post
    That is a nice Bike.
    Thanks, still looks good for a 6 year old bike with 5 years of use.

I'll post my thoughts on Monarch after I get couple rides in and I dial it in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Terrex?

Just got this yesterday. Trying to figure out what it is. It is a Mongoose 27.5 Fat Tire. It says TERREX on it, but I can not find anything about that on line anywhere.
    Anyone have an idea?post your mongoose-mongoose.jpg

I got it at Wal-Mart. Just looking for something ride and drop a few (actually a lot) of weight. I was looking at the Ledge 2.1 and saw this Fat Tire so I got it.

Really like the ride of this bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

80's high Sierra cl find.

turners rockshox RS1 forks,rollercam rear brake,Tioga stem,easton hyperlite bars,Matrix (Cook?) crank all on 18" black chrome frame.giveaway$$$.don't make'M like they used to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post your mongoose-1988-schwinn-high-sierra.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Don't feel bad, I got one when it first came out, still riding it. I got the red one

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I too saw this bike at Walmart and I put it on layaway. My daily driver is a Specialized Sirrus Hybrid that I LOVE dearly, but it doesn't do so well in snow or in my case muddy rail trails that I have to take to get to work. The mud usually doesn't come about until March/April when the frost is coming up out of the ground along with snow melt. I thought about getting a fat bike, but then I saw this one and thought I'd give it a try. You are right, there really isn't much on the internet YET about these bikes. There are a few tire options out there (planning on swapping those out), but the first thing I am going to do is disassemble the bike, grease the hubs, the bottom bracket, and so on and so forth. Then in that process, I am going to ditch the twist shifters and install trigger shifters and brake levers, and swap out the handlebars for some ones that give me a more upright riding position. I rode mine around the store in the middle of the night testing it out, then went back this morning and put it on layaway, haha.

Flying Goat
    It has been a long time since i've posted and ive been mia... but here's my mongoose...

post your mongoose-12006261_10154171407705639_1426196878192725698_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlabama View Post

My new bike at oak mountain by Randall Cooper, on Flickr

Walmart bought 27.5 Mongoose ledge, rode like a champ The 650b spring on it is great, the fork needs to be stronger but did very well for a $200 bike.
    I sat on one of those at Walmart, felt pretty good to me. I like it except for the threaded headset. I would want to upgrade the suspension fork at some point and I think that I would need threadless for that. I found a 27.5 full suspension ledge(the site linked me to Walmart)for $179 online with the threadless headset, but it has front disc and rear Vbrakes which I do not like the looks of. Pretty sure I could put rear disc brakes on with the help of a torch(I am assuming that the seatstay is steel)but I have never heard of anyone doing that. I actually have a junk Mongoose someone left on the scrap heap, but it is missing a lot of parts that I cannot afford to buy right now. It would actually cost less to buy one ride it and add parts at another time. The Mongoose website is kind of useless, they only have about ten bikes on it, and they are pricey(compared to Walmart bikes). I'm riding a Genesis hardtail that was abandoned at one of my jobs(I got permission from security to take it). I'm very happy with it, I put $185 into it, I have 22 front and 34 rear, it is great for climbing. It is way too big for me, I can barely get behind the seat, and I cannot get around a few corners where I ride(it is a 29). Thinking I want to go with a 27.5 full suspension. I have been confused about what I want to buy(or spend)or what I would be happy with for nearly a year. I ride a mountain bike because for me it is an extreme amount of exercise. Just think how much weight I would loose riding a 42lb bike!

post your mongoose-adjusted.jpg
    Last edited by misterbill; 10-31-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    I'd rather push my 29er than ride a road bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    The Mongoose website is kind of useless
    I did not see that there were more pages on this website. Ususally the 'next page' numbers are on the bottom of the site-they have them on the top of the first page, looks like all the bikes are listed.

I also did not notice that their top of the line bikes are 27.5 bikes. Pretty interesting-some guy (mtbr review)said he put the X Fusion slant RL2 on his Santa Cruz, and said it is a better fork than the Rockshox Revelation that was on the bike-cheapest and best fork he ever bought(stock fork on the Teocali Expert 27.5)
    Last edited by misterbill; 11-07-2015 at 07:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

My new Teocali 27.5

Fun little project I put together!

Mongoose Teocali 27.5 2015
    -Rockshox Pike RC Solo Air
    -Rockshox Monarch RT3
    -Avid Elixir R w/ GUIDE Rotors 180
    -Alexrims 27Fives wheelset (Stock)
    -Shimano SLX Cranks w/ Wolftooth 34 NW
    -SRAM X9 Rear dee/ Trigger shifters
    -Kore Torsion bars 760mm
    -Spank Spike Stem 35mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post your mongoose-img_20151107_141628.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetUpgrades View Post
    Fun little project I put together!

Mongoose Teocali 27.5 2015
    -Rockshox Pike RC Solo Air
    -Rockshox Monarch RT3
    -Avid Elixir R w/ GUIDE Rotors 180
    -Alexrims 27Fives wheelset (Stock)
    -Shimano SLX Cranks w/ Wolftooth 34 NW
    -SRAM X9 Rear dee/ Trigger shifters
    -Kore Torsion bars 760mm
    -Spank Spike Stem 35mm

I read really good reviews about the X-Fusion suspension fork and rear shock. What didn't you like about them?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ride hard or die View Post
    Here is my rides!
    What year is that d60r ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Took the Teocali for a ride around Usery Mountain
    post your mongoose-teo-view.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Couldn't help it... wanted to upgrade to some newer stuff, so I decided to park my 07 Teocali Elite, and picked up a brand new international model 2012 Teocali Mega. Thing is freaking awesome everywhere. Ups, down, in the air etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    post your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843590280.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843624254.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843654133.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    And this is from a local DH race last weekend.

post your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843720010.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843726376.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843732149.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843742947.jpgpost your mongoose-uploadfromtaptalk1462843750855.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Here's something a lucky few will be able to get
    Mongoose product development

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    My first 'goose, found at Kmart back in February while shopping for a car battery.
    I was captivated by the bike's super-wide rims and hi-volume tires, so was motivated to buy.

I checked online first, to learn what others thought about the bike, and learned that the bike goes on sale every once in a while. So I checked the Kmart site every Monday for a couple of months, and finally found it on sale for just $189.

I've replaced parts that were causing problems, and further upgraded the bars, stem and saddle, and added a long suspension post.
    I added rubber gaiters to the fork legs at my second rebuild, after my first fork rebuild remained smooth for just one ride before contamination made it past the fork's fork wipers.

I've got almost 500 miles on it now, about half of that on Auburn, CA's dirt trails. It now finishes rides needing nothing more than chain lubing and brake adjusting, and rides well over rock-strewn singletrack with only 15psi in the tires.
    I fly low so have not had any problems with suspension bottoming or with the rear axle in the freewheel hub bending or breaking. It also helps that I am very light for my 5'9" height. I had to use the tallest saddle I own with the long suspension post, and also shortened the stem to 8cm in order to get the bike fitted to me.

So far, so good, note that the rear rack (and the shorter stem) went on in part to assist climbing and braking traction with this bike's frame unfortunately having pretty long chainstays.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789