Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Finished the Grand Marquis today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have search far and wide for a stores that sell Mongoose Pro bikes. With the exception of one bike that I found at Dick's, no other store online or that I have gone to carries them. Where did you get yours??? Let me know man. BTW nice bike set up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have search far and wide for a stores that sell Mongoose Pro bikes. With the exception of one bike that I found at Dick's, no other store online or that I have gone to carries them. Where did you get yours??? Let me know man. BTW nice bike set up.

mtbr member
    E-bay

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My bike is Mongoose otero elite 2007. The original rear shock is so bad that i changed it to manitou radium rl (with lockout). Also i changed the stem to 90mm 30 degree Zoom stem, because the original 110mm 5 degree stem was to long for technical use, i didn`t like that! With new stem it also more comfortable doing drops. I think it`s nice bike!

SS FR HT
    my new DH/FR rig, an 08 mongoose black diamond double

Spreadin the love...
    Ahhhh, that sucks! I have an 07 BD3 that I am currently stripping to have custom powdercoated bright candy gold because ON THE WEBSITE the Double's gold color looked a little dull. Looks pretty damn sharp to me!
    But I'll be doing some custom touches as well, like gold pearl and red metal flake as well, plus I had custom red foil decals made up for it already.
    But yours looks really really good!
    Here's mine so far...
    Swapped out the air shock for a DHX coil, 06 66RC2X, SunRingle A.D.D. wheelset, Diabolus cranks... pretty basic compared to the last 3 or 4 bikes i've had. And whaddaya know..it's 3 times the fun!
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

Spreadin the love...
    Oh, ha! And that's my $3000+ bike next to my "new" $700 shuttle truck!
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    Kenda

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Oh, ha! And that's my $3000+ bike next to my "new" $700 shuttle truck!

Hey a mans gotta have his prioritys, lol. I like those bd's. A guy was selling a double frame and shock locally that I really wanted to get, just gotta get my dj bike finished first.
    [SIZE="4"]06 mongoose ritual for sale, pm me for details.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    this is fucking stupid

mtbr "member"

Here's my Mongoose Grand Marquis

Put a few updates on the bike. Like Coffeegeek, I picked a spare/second frame on EBAY for when this one eventually craps out. If this bike is anything like my old sommet, then I assume the Virtual Pivots behind the BB will wear out first.

The DHX air can is sleeved down (per the Turner forum) which makes it ride much better. There is just enough room for the DHX 5.0 if you take the bottom out knob off after you set it up.

The fork is an All Mountain 150 mm travel. With the steerer tube set at 69 deg, the extra inch of travel up front doesn't seem to throw off the geometry too much.

REEK

mtbr member
    Hey Reek,
    How does it climb? I have not taken mine out yet.

mtbr "member"

Not the best climber

Quote Originally Posted by coffeegeek2112
    Hey Reek,
    How does it climb? I have not taken mine out yet.

The seat tube angle is a bit too lax and makes for a down hill friendly cockpit but puts weight a bit too far back to climb in the saddle. As you can see by my pic, my saddle is pushed way forward. It's definitely lighter than my Black Diamond but my BD almost feels nicer to climb on - an it has a super T on the front. my problem might be that these Grand Marquis came with 100/120 mm front forks and I'm using a 150mm fork. I was contemplating using an old Race face XY post but install it backwards to offset forward. Not sure about this.

If I remember, you're using a 7.875 shock correct? this might help a bit with the seat tube ankle AND should raise your BB height about an inch. with the spec'd 7.5 eye to eye shock on the six inch setting, the BB is at 12.5 inches. The DHX definitely killed the bobbing that came in the 6 inch setting with the original fox coil.

Enjoy your first ride.

REEK

Spreadin the love...
    Tee Hee! See that white BD3 I posted above???
    I got bored today and it looks like this now!!!!

I had some fully custom decals made up as I had PLANNED on having it PC'd Gold, but the guy won't call me back. So screw him, the polished frame looks just as sick, just threw all the gold and silver components off my hardtail on the BD3! Thing looks friggin FAST!
    Decals:

For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    Kenda

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek
    The seat tube angle is a bit too lax and makes for a down hill friendly cockpit but puts weight a bit too far back to climb in the saddle. As you can see by my pic, my saddle is pushed way forward. It's definitely lighter than my Black Diamond but my BD almost feels nicer to climb on - an it has a super T on the front. my problem might be that these Grand Marquis came with 100/120 mm front forks and I'm using a 150mm fork. I was contemplating using an old Race face XY post but install it backwards to offset forward. Not sure about this.

If I remember, you're using a 7.875 shock correct? this might help a bit with the seat tube ankle AND should raise your BB height about an inch. with the spec'd 7.5 eye to eye shock on the six inch setting, the BB is at 12.5 inches. The DHX definitely killed the bobbing that came in the 6 inch setting with the original fox coil.

Enjoy your first ride.

REEK
    I have a 7.5 in shock and I went with the 100mm fork. I think it feels pretty balanced. I was just worried about the bob effect.

mtbr "member"

Happy Holidays!

I have a 7.5 in shock and I went with the 100mm fork. I think it feels pretty balanced. I was just worried about the bob effect.

Your bike may ride better since I think my GM may be a bit 'choppered' out trying to make it a 6 inch travel bike. I'm moving back to Northern Cal shortly so we'll see how the frame holds up to Downieville and Auburn.

REEK

mtbr member
    Your bike may ride better since I think my GM may be a bit 'choppered' out trying to make it a 6 inch travel bike. I'm moving back to Northern Cal shortly so we'll see how the frame holds up to Downieville and Auburn.

REEK
    When you move up here I hope to see you on the trail. My riding partner and I ride the auburn area most of the time. I f-ed up before I bid on the frame. I didnt realize it was a freeride frame. I wanted an am / xc frame. It seems lighter or close to the same as my old I-drive, so I am hoping it climbs just as well. I guess we will see.

mtbr "member"

Don't consider it an "F" up

When you move up here I hope to see you on the trail. My riding partner and I ride the auburn area most of the time. I f-ed up before I bid on the frame. I didnt realize it was a freeride frame. I wanted an am / xc frame. It seems lighter or close to the same as my old I-drive, so I am hoping it climbs just as well. I guess we will see.

I think your set up will work probably better than mine. The frame itself is actually light enough for an all purpose trail bike. And set at 4 or 5 inches in the rear and 4 or 5 inches in the front, there should be less bob than my set up as well as a slight steepening of the angles.

I'm just hell bent on keeping it as 6 inches front and back as I own too many bikes in the 5 inch range - you know, so I don't feel so guilty about having too many similar bikes.

As for Sac, got several ridding buddies out there from when I worked there. The all email me about the rides the go on while I wallow in the baltimore rain. Just signed on for a new job to start in September.

I'll PM you about the Mongoose by the way.

REEK

mtbr member
    I think your set up will work probably better than mine. The frame itself is actually light enough for an all purpose trail bike. And set at 4 or 5 inches in the rear and 4 or 5 inches in the front, there should be less bob than my set up as well as a slight steepening of the angles.

I'm just hell bent on keeping it as 6 inches front and back as I own too many bikes in the 5 inch range - you know, so I don't feel so guilty about having too many similar bikes.

As for Sac, got several ridding buddies out there from when I worked there. The all email me about the rides the go on while I wallow in the baltimore rain. Just signed on for a new job to start in September.

I'll PM you about the Mongoose by the way.

REEK
    I hear you about to many bikes. This just replaced my old i-drive frame. I find myself riding the hardtails more and more. The baltimore weather must stink.

mtbr member
    Picked this lil' freebie up today. Not sure of the year but it's a DXR ...

mtbr member
    Can't wait to get more reflectors.mongoose three.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    This is how the PanzerGoose ended. From a AM/Trail bike to a AM/FR bike. My mechanic (Dr Spoke in Stockholm) managed to extend the stroke to +6" by tuning in the 5th Element shock. It's a MZ Z1 Fr 1 150mm in the front end and Halo Tornado Wheels. Gear controls, brakes (not discs), cranks and seat clamp, are orginal parts. Nothing else...

Shes going to be burried in a swamp she's concered many times. She has a fatal crack in the top tube. Just in the weld to the head tube. Allmost all the way around.

A Intense 6.6SS is on its way...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmartinez
    My new Goose
    is that a black diamond frame?

Spreadin the love...
    Dang, dude..he posted that pic 3 YEARS ago! But yeah...it was a Black Diamond frame...
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    Kenda

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Put a few updates on the bike. Like Coffeegeek, I picked a spare/second frame on EBAY for when this one eventually craps out. If this bike is anything like my old sommet, then I assume the Virtual Pivots behind the BB will wear out first.

The DHX air can is sleeved down (per the Turner forum) which makes it ride much better. There is just enough room for the DHX 5.0 if you take the bottom out knob off after you set it up.

The fork is an All Mountain 150 mm travel. With the steerer tube set at 69 deg, the extra inch of travel up front doesn't seem to throw off the geometry too much.

REEK
    trailbear are excellent tires, good choice
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr "member"

Love em

Quote Originally Posted by adamantane
    trailbear are excellent tires, good choice
    a 2.5 trailbear up front and a 2.1 fire XC or mythos XC for trail riding has been my setup for alost 8 years. I know there's new and improved tire treads out there but I love this set up, I can predict the rear tire drift, climbing is not as painful since the rear rotational weight is relatively low, and I don't seem to pinch flat as much as I thought I would when I first started using this set up.

Once my last Trailbear is gone, not sure what I'll go with, since it seems I can only find 2.25's on line now.

REEK

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast