mtbr member

Otero seatstay/chainstay bushing/bolt

Does anyone have a source for these? Not having much luck. This is a brand new unbuilt 2007 frame and one bushing was snapped when I received it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What are its measurements?

mtbr member
    I'll try to measure it/take a photo this evening when I get home. I guess the best way to describe it is that they are like a sex bolt/chicago bolt with allen key sockets on either side.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If you have the measurements, you can usually find a replacement. Bike companies like to use off the shelf hardware since it's cheaper. You do, however, need to take exact measurements.

mtbr member
    Looks like 10mm body diameter with a 12mm shoulder diameter. 19mm length in-between the shoulders (23mm length overall, so 2mm shoulder width). The threading looks to be M6x1.0.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Please update this if you find sources. I had a similar problem though involving the shock hardware. I tried getting help from Mongoose but was pretty much told that they do not deal with such problems. Scouring the net has been futile for me.

mtbr member
    Will do...Pacific/Mongoose/Whatever Customer service told me the same thing...they built this frame until a year or two ago, you'd think they'd have spares. Sheesh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated_conundrum View Post
    Please update this if you find sources.
    second that. My bushings are probably on there way out and a known source would be nice.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Totally bummed at Mongoose's customer service.

I guess a visit to a machine shop is my best bet. Have them turn a few bushing and use standard bolts to hold it together. Mcmaster Carr here I come again.

mtbr member
    I ended up drilling out the threaded male portion and holding it together with an M6 x 1.0 socket head. No luck whatsoever on sourcing new ones. You'd think they'd have a large amount of spares of things like bushings, bolts, and hardware, especially for a frame design that was in production several years and only went out of production recently. Sheesh.

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Im not sure if you saw this in past posts, but a few people found the stock bushing-bolt on teocali supers inadequate to take the beating of aggressive riding (snapping), so they replaced the bushing bolt with a hex bolt, nut and a couple washers. The hex bolt had a unthreaded section just long enough to clear the bearings (19 mm in your case). I did this on my '06 teocali super, but had to cut down the threaded section and chase it with a die. Worked great until the bike died.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I sort of did that with the broken bushing bolt. I am waiting to hear back from my LBS if they can source an alternative.

mtbr member
    No dice on an alternative...luckily that pivot point has very little movement, so I guess I'lm gonna go use common hardware to fix it up.