CTB
    mtbr member

Old Schwinn guy gets a taste of gravity

Due to operator error, I only got two videos from my day at the downhill park I visited over the 4th of July. I know I'm not on my Schwinn here, but I hoped I was still welcome in these parts, seeing as I still have 4 Schwinns in the garage. Anyway, here's the better of the two videos from Seven Springs Resort in Pennsylvania. I was hanging back to get my buddies on video, up until the forest section. Then that was my go-time.

Seven Springs 1 - YouTube

If you compare this to other videos from the same place, you'll see that I really, really suck.

Here's the other one, which shows more of the 007 trail.

Seven Springs 2 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    I know I'm not on my Schwinn here...
    Get the **** out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    On a separate note, those trails look like a lot of fun and really make me miss having DH near by.

I think we're both too old to do what kids in those other videos do. They're still made out of rubber and magic. However, you were still catching up to people in front of you in both videos.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Oh yeah, I was easily able to reel in / drop my buddies, but in their defense, they haven't been riding much in the past year+. But even among my high-frequency friends here in Michigan, I'm the "fast one" on the downhill tricky bits. Then they KILL me up hills...

BM, someday I hope to have my Straight 8 under me for some of this stuff. Gotta weld the frame first... Then I won't have to get the *** out.

mtbr member
    cool video!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

CTB
    mtbr member
    Thanks, Shwinny. I would have had better ones if I weren't such a dumb-@$$ and messed up the camera setting.