Thread: Nice Homegrown

mtbr member

Nice Homegrown

Nice Homegrown on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/99-Schwinn-Homegrown-Bass-boat-paint-hardtail-Yeti-made_W0QQitemZ320317468719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMount ain_Bikes?hash=item320317468719&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

mtbr member
    Mine now. Can't wait for it to get here!

mtbr member
    Darn, I was trying to talk a buddy into getting it but you beat him to it.

mtbr member
    How much did you get it for? Ebay said there were 0 bids, reserve not reached?

mtbr member
    I got it for $500 with the buy-it-now. It didn't sell the first week, I think because it was listed as "pick up only" and the seller is in New Hampshire. When he re-listed it he removed the shipping restriction. As soon as I saw that I pounced.

mtbr member
    Congrats
    Sweet bike for a great price

mtbr member
    Thanks! Judging by the description I have a feeling it's in very good shape. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that UPS doesn't botch it up.

mtbr member
    There is a 21" red/gold '98 factory with full XTR on eBay if anybody is interested. I bid on it before realizing it's not my size. The seller emailed me to say that he messed up the reserve and is afraid it won't sell high enough, so he is going to end the auction but offered to sell it to me before he does. If somebody offers him something near $700 I think he will sell it for that. Very sweet bike and it looks like it's in outstanding condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schwinn-Homegrow...lenotsupported

-eddie.
    i bought my homegrown for an even 500 too, full xtr setup. maybe older but i still go faster than a lot of people with nicer bikes......did i say NICER i meant more expensive. it doesn't get better than an american homegrown.

mtbr member
    I agree with Eddie, i was going to sell my 99' Homegrown...but then I looked at what the local bike shop had to offer. My HG is a thing of beauty with some awesome welding and craftsmanship, even the new uber-expensive bikes just can't match the Homegrowns.