• 02-19-2013
    bad mechanic
    2 Attachment(s)
    New addition to the family and a question
    My friend found a 1997 Homegrown Factory Sweetspot at a local bike swap for $70. After a quick call he bought it for me and I just picked it up from him yesterday. It's in pretty good shape, but it's obvious it had been left out for a while. It'll probably get build back up with a mint '99 bass boat blue front triangle I have.

The question is, the polished rear triangle has been dulled by whitish corrosion. Do anyone know a good way to get rid of it and make the rear triangle shiny again?

Attachment 773434

Attachment 773435
  • 02-19-2013
    Rocket88R
    Very nice find. I think I need to got to that swap meet and get rid of some accumulation I have in my shop.

I would try a polishing compound and a buffing wheel. Some times aluminum reacts badly with wipe on wipe off tarnish removers.
  • 02-20-2013
    CTB
    I imagine 0000 steel wool would be too abrasive, but for some reason that popped into my head.
  • 02-21-2013
    shwinn8
    what a sexy new family member you got there!
  • 02-23-2013
    Xlr8n
    Blue Magic polishing compund will do the trick with a couple rags and a few minutes of hand buffing.
  • 02-23-2013
    bad mechanic
    I ended up buying a small tin of Mothers Aluminum polish, and it seems to be doing the trick quite nicely. I hope to have new pictures up of the frame in a couple days.