mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Need help with XR 75

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and also in the bikes world. A few months ago I wanted to buy a cheap but good looking bike (first mistake).. I ended up buying the mongoose xr-75 at walmart (second and big mistake). I normally use it to go to the post office so is more like a road bike. today crossing a street the left pedal came off.. and I almost got hit by a car.. The bike was assembled at walmart which I will not recommend to anyone.. the metal part of the pedal was all cross stripped..and that's why the pedal came off so it wasn't a mfg issue was walmart fault. What I want to do now is just replace the pedals (a most), the seat post and the saddle. I need help with the size of the seat post that I can use with this thing. anyone can tell me what size(26.8,27.2,31.6mm)? thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    dont waste your money your better off saving a lil and getting a better bike. you will always have problems with a wal-mart. i made that mistake i got the xr-200 it was a piece lasted 6 weeks and then everything started to go to crap

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Well as I said before I use this bike like a road bike not like a mountain bike. so it should last more than 6 weeks. I was able to find the seat post size.. it's 27.2mm so if anyone want to change at least the seat post that's the size that you need to get.

I just wanted to add a pic of the pedal so others can see why you can't go to wal-mart and get a bike from them.. they simply don't care.

Last edited by mailman_pa; 10-03-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Blind biker
    I had a pedal crack in half mid ride but that is common of any plastic pedal. I also have a xr-75 that lasted 3 weeks before it went very wrong. I did daily checks and repairs if anything was wrong.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman_pa
    ... I need help with the size of the seat post that I can use with this thing. anyone can tell me what size(26.8,27.2,31.6mm)? thanks.
    usually the seatpost size is stamped below the 'minimum insertion line'.
    pull it out and have a look
    Honestly... ahh I give up