mtbr member

Mongoose XR-75...thoughts...

I have a mongoose xr-75 . Does anyone have experience or thoughts with these bikes. I am just getting started in off road biking, and was wondering if this would be sufficent.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It's a bike that's for sale at my walmart for $99...so, naturally, you don't buy it expecting great things. It has generic cheap shocks that bottom out under minimal weight. There are also different design versions of the XR-75 being sold at walmart. They still have the same parts though. Don't expect to be able to do crazy stuff with that, unless you have 911 on speed dial...lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have the 2006 version of this bike and though there is massive room for upgrades in parts used, I am over all happy with my bike and its design.

Though I would agree that if you are gonna do some extreame stuff, buy a higher quality, but to just start out and get going, I think the bike is fine. In fact, I bought mine off craigslist for about $50. Like with all things, componants are gonna break, upgrade where you can when they break.

mtbr member
    I've got a new frame on the way. if any of you guys wants a mongoose Khyber frame, rear shock, and potential other goodies, send me a PM. I'll let it go for crazy cheap.