Thread: Mongoose Vinson

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Mongoose Vinson

Hi just bought a Mongoose Vinson .I will not get the bike for another 2 weeks I looked at the bike it seems to be a great bike for the price.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Where did you buy or order if from?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Mc Sports has a black Friday deal $449.99 Normal 799 My local mc's did not have one so they are getting from another store that does and i put half down to ensure its mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I just got one. It seems pretty alright, especially at the price they have. The components are solid. It has a Sram rear derailleur and a Shimano front derailleur, 3 x 8 drivetrain. It's all basic stuff, but of good enough quality to last a number of years and be upgraded upon as needed. Nothing feels "junky" or like some the stuff you see at the big boxes when it comes to bike shaped objects. This is a bike shop quality bike at a good discount because Mongoose plays in that market.

I took a good spin on it again on Sunday and I thought the bike out performed the rider, I thought the bike became predictable and sturdy, which came in handy for a big guy, riding on a snow covered trail for his first real ride on a fat bike. I know enough from mountain biking and cross country skiing to know how far you can push it on snow before it gives way and causes spin outs. With the 90 mm hubs and the 4" Vee tires, I got to give it enough mustard without losing traction to churn up the trail and I needed to exchange gears a couple times and the whole thing held together nicely.

For the money, I think this bike is a no brainer. The frame is nice enough to upgrade on and it comes with a really workmanlike group of components.

10/10 would buy again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    So are you guys buying these at the $800 price tag or the sale price of $449?

I have been trying to find a local store that carries this bike, I know they just rolled out but in NE we have no MC sports, and I would rather get thing lighter bike for my gf if the price tag is only $200 more than the mongoose dolo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    The sale price is the intro price as Mongoose has been working on bringing this bike out and they want it to go well. I think it's worth the $800 price, but if you can get it cheaper now, why not?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    So did you buy it from MC for $449, if so you want to pick one up for me and mail it to VT?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    So how are the mission command tires?

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    This bike is also available at ***** sporting goods. I really doubt this bike will sell for $800...it seems like a really good deal for $450, but the regular price at ***** is still under $600.
    - MOOTS Mooto X
    - Salsa Fargo
    - Surly Pugsley
    - Cannondale SL4 29