mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Mongoose is returning to the USA!

I've already posted this in the general forum, but after having been in direct contact with Dorel and Pacific Cycles (the owner and the distributor of Mongoose) I've gotten word that the high end line is being brought back for 2013. At the moment the target date is late February/ early March, but it's safe to say March for sure. Pacific couldn't verify if the full line was going to be made available or if just partially available. I'll try to keep this updated here as well as on my YouTube channel. Check out the channel as I update that more often.
    Riding the Geese since '98! Check out my youtube videos at www.youtube.com/mongoosejake

Dharma Initiate
    I wonder if this has anything to do with Pacific acquiring Cannondale. Some find it hard to accept that Pacific arguably destroyed the Mongoose brand. Hope its still ok to be on a Cannondale after a few years. OR Cannondale could be built in the USA again?!?!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Not many chances of C'dale being built here again (that's a shame too, the last product bikes gone from the USA, leaving only the smaller boutique brands here). But hopefully they'll keep the same direction of top performing bikes going. I've rode a few C'dales and always enjoyed them, with the obvious quality being a huge perk.
    Riding the Geese since '98! Check out my youtube videos at www.youtube.com/mongoosejake

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by P.Stefanelli View Post
    I wonder if this has anything to do with Pacific acquiring Cannondale. Some find it hard to accept that Pacific arguably destroyed the Mongoose brand. Hope its still ok to be on a Cannondale after a few years. OR Cannondale could be built in the USA again?!?!
    Pacific cycles acquired Cannondale in 2008, 5 years ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Pacific cycles acquired Cannondale in 2008, 5 years ago.
    True, and it took that long for them to get going in the new direction, which is a direction I was disappointed to see them take. C'Dale offered a semi-mass produced but high quality bike made right here in the USA that allowed riders to support US made products without having to step up to the "boutique brands".

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    For anyone genuinely interested in Mongoose's LBS line, I've gotten a more specific timeframe of mid to late March for the return to the US. Pacific's reps will actively call any past dealers to try to get them to get their accounts re-instated.

Any other dealers can call Pacific to get info on how to get the Mongoose lineup in their shops. I've gotten this info directly from Pacific via email contact.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I for one hope they stick around this time. I have a 2008 Teocali and a 2009 Canaan and really liked both of them. The Teocali has been stripped down and just the frame remains, but would consider building it back up, especially if this means the warranties are back in effect on the older models. It was a really fun bike that pedaled better than its 5.5" should had allowed.

I'm excited to see what they will do. Would like for them to come back up with another more aggressive all mountain bike like the Kyber.

Trail Addict
    So awesome news... That actually makes we want to buy a mongoose,just to support them.
    #JdubGriff
    KHS Comp St Hybrid

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmongooserider View Post
    For anyone genuinely interested in Mongoose's LBS line, I've gotten a more specific timeframe of mid to late March for the return to the US. Pacific's reps will actively call any past dealers to try to get them to get their accounts re-instated.

Any other dealers can call Pacific to get info on how to get the Mongoose lineup in their shops. I've gotten this info directly from Pacific via email contact.
    Obviously the return hasnt happened yet... Mongoose/Pacific didnt give any special reason, but did say the return would be delayed until likely in early May. I'm still holding my breath, lol. This will be the second delay. Hope they sort it all out, because I'd like to get a Meteore.