mtbr member

Mongoose Prototypes for 2011

Thought I would post this link to Pinkbike :http://www.pinkbike.com/news/mongoos...tter-2010.html . Seems like Mongoose is really stepping up their game and gaining their old reputation back of being on top . Mad props to Darren over at Mongoose for putting them back on the map !

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    So the Khyber will be gone, eh? Too bad, I really like the look of the Khyber Super this year (and last year for that matter). I picked up a Teocali Super 09 and I really like the bike, but wish the head angle was a little more slack. It is hard to tell from the pics if this will be changed. A 67 - 67.5 would be ideal in my opinion. There are times I feel the 69 on the current models is a little twitchy. I don't know how I could justify this expense when they are released, but I guess I have a year to figure that one out!

-Patrick

mtbr member
    personally, i would not trust a Q.R. as a suspension system pivot point

'11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8
    personally, i would not trust a Q.R. as a suspension system pivot point
    Why not? It wouldn't take any more stress than a QR seat post collar.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    the stresses on a seat post collar are far less then on a pivot point.... if it works and i'm guessing it does or they wouldn't have built it then great! , it's just not my cup of tea..
    Last edited by shwinn8; 04-24-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8
    the stresses on a seat post collar are far less then on a pivot point.... if it works and i'm guessing it does or they wouldn't have built it then great! , it's just not my cup of tea..

The Mongoose Otero's have had a QR on there frames rear triangle for ever with no problems. The new teocali's look sweet but they are only increasing the rear travel by 5mm and thats not enough to get me to replace mine.