Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mongoose Prototypes for 2011

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mullen119 
#1 ·
#2 ·
So the Khyber will be gone, eh? Too bad, I really like the look of the Khyber Super this year (and last year for that matter). I picked up a Teocali Super 09 and I really like the bike, but wish the head angle was a little more slack. It is hard to tell from the pics if this will be changed. A 67 - 67.5 would be ideal in my opinion. There are times I feel the 69 on the current models is a little twitchy. I don't know how I could justify this expense when they are released, but I guess I have a year to figure that one out!

-Patrick

#6 ·
shwinn8 said:
the stresses on a seat post collar are far less then on a pivot point.... if it works and i'm guessing it does or they wouldn't have built it then great! , it's just not my cup of tea..
The Mongoose Otero's have had a QR on there frames rear triangle for ever with no problems. The new teocali's look sweet but they are only increasing the rear travel by 5mm and thats not enough to get me to replace mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.