Thread: Mongoose Khyber

mtbr member

Mongoose Khyber

Any reviews and action shots for this bad boy?

Performance has a killer deal on them.

Spreadin the love...
    Search for "Khyber" and "Mongoose" in VIDEOS on Pinkbike.com. Andrew Cho's ripping it up pretty hard on one. Everything from slopestyle garbage to all-mountain to XC.
    Buy one, DON'T like it..then sell it to me cheap!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

kyber

Go to mongoose . Com under kyber and see the reviews by chris attrigs and by other its nice bike been thinking of swapping my prophet for it???

mtbr member

Pretty sick...

I think Cho put a Fox 40 on the bike... Man, I wish I could ride like that... Bike looks killer in those vids.

the goose is loose!
    i ordered the Elite from Harbor Country, should be here by next friday. they have a killer deal on that thing. i'll post a review on it after i get some pedal time on it.

mtbr member
    The review on the website noted that the Khyber Elite is around 38 lbs. Can anyone confirm this?

I have been looking at this for a more All Mountain type bike than my Bullit. However at 38 lbs its not going to be much lighter than my bullit.
    I whip these -
    07 Yeti DJ, 08 Marx 4x WC
    05 SC Bullit, 05 Marz 66

http://pointoneracing.com/
    www.anthonybest.com

mtbr member
    I weighed mine and its 33 pounds, but I have wtb wheels, a fox fork, no chain guide and tubeless tires.

still with the suspension design it climbs great; particularly on steep technical rocky and rooty stuff, it really grips. The weight is only a detriment on hike a bike.

mtbr member
    So is it safe to say that the Elite Stock would be under 35 lbs?

How do you think it would hold up in a free ride park? I am trying to decide if this would be a replacement for my Bullit, or if this would better as my main trail bike and use the Bullit for downhill races and park riding.
    I whip these -
    07 Yeti DJ, 08 Marx 4x WC
    05 SC Bullit, 05 Marz 66

http://pointoneracing.com/
    www.anthonybest.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The nicest one, the super, is 36 lbs, so the elite definitely isn't going to be under 35. 38 sounds about right. Alot of that weight is in the super-hefty fork and wheelset though. As someone mentioned, going to tubeless tires will drop alot of weight. I've ridden one around a bit, and due to its pedalling efficiency, it doesn't feel 38lbs at all. There is also a review of the khyber super in the new Mountain Bike Action issue (august). Great bike, but the GT Sanction is an even better all-rounder and is 32-33lbs (top spec).

the goose is loose!
    mine comes in at 35-36 pounds. that's with different wheels. as far as park riding, the kyber delivers. just came back from a trip to Northstar and Mammoth and it did extremely well. it's a solid choice for park riding

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How much does performance have the goose for? On the website it only looks discounted a hundred bucks or so...
    2011 Santa Cruz V-10

2008 Giant Reign X

2007 Specialized Allez