mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Modern 26.8 seatposts options?

So...what are our modern options for a 26.8 seatpost? I know Thomson makes them, but Easton has stopped making them with their latest generation. Where else can I source a good 26.8 seatpost?

Honestly, the most annoying thing for me about owning Schwinns is the seatpost sizing.

Person
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic
    So...what are our modern options for a 26.8 seatpost? I know Thomson makes them, but Easton has stopped making them with their latest generation. Where else can I source a good 26.8 seatpost?

Honestly, the most annoying thing for me about owning Schwinns is the seatpost sizing.
    RaceFace

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    As of this year RaceFace doesn't make at 26.8 posts.

Another option is Sette, and they have a couple nice posts admittedly, but they don't have any with setback.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    GravityDropper.com Best buy you will ever make; I got the kind shock Brand and these things are worth the money!!

If you don't want a GravityDropper; look for another brand.

Buy this type of post they make it like a problem to go over the bars while decending.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks, but no need for an adjustable seatpost on a XC bike.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Perhaps something from Kalloy will work for you?

http://www.kalloyuno.com/productuno.htm

I have a Kalloy stem and seat post in my library of parts, and they seem decent enough quality. The stem in particular is nicely made.

mtbr member

Cane Creek Thudbuster?

Anyone tried the Cane Creek Thudbuster? It's offered in 26.8.
    I'm considering one to soften my HomeGrown hardtail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't like suspension seatposts one bit. In fact, it bothers me somewhat that the Homegrown once came with a Rock Shox suspension post. I would instead suggest picking up a carbon fiber seatpost. You can either find a used one like an Easton or Titec, or buy a new one like a Sette or USE. It'll provide damping, without the myriad drawbacks of a suspension seatpost.

CTB
    mtbr member
    I have a USE XCR susp post on my Moab that I bought waaaay back when before I had FS, and honestly, I felt that it did nothing. Of course, the CC Thudbuster was out back then, but I didn't want to spend that much dough.