mtbr member

Just bought an 08 khyber frame!

Got an 08 khyber frame. Build is on the ultra cheap because I simply don't have the sort of income where I can go out and drop a grand on a bike. So the build will be pretty much this:
    08 khyber frame with xfusion 02RL dual chamber
    rock shox tora 130mm coil uturn with motion controll
    mid level SRAM 9spd drivetrain and
    SRAM thumb trigger shifters from my current upgraded POS
    raceface ride xc cranks, I need a bash ring for them. Also off my pos
    salsa stem and seatpost
    Easton riser bar
    avid bb7 185mm front 160 rear with old school shimano lx vbrake levers, hope it works ok.
    I don't remember the specifics on my current wheelset, but they are ok. And will be upgraded later.

So yep, we will see how it goes. I am going to pick up a couple items at the LBS tonight, and try to determine the proper spindle length for the bottom bracket.
    Last edited by Iridethedirt; 01-06-2010 at 08:09 AM.

mtbr member
    ...any thoughts?
    Last edited by Iridethedirt; 01-06-2010 at 08:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Front suspension

Do an effort and try to get a 160mm fork, the bike really feels at its best on 160.

I have a Talas so its 100-130-160. I sometimes use the 130 for long climbs. 100 feels very wierd... 160 is the best for this frame.

mtbr member
    Yea, a longer travel fork would be ideal for sure. Eventually, I will get something longer travel up front but the 130 does ok for now.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I am anouther one for a bigger fork.. everything thing else seams ok for now.. just that bike feels soo much better with a long travel fork on it.. the brakes could be upgraded too but that can wait..

mtbr member
    Yep... Eventually a longer travel fork will be in the picture. I am just pretty far from being able to drop 300+ dollars on a new fork. At this point the brakes seem fine to me... The old school lx levers with the adjustable leverage set at medium are incredible. However we will see what happens when I get it on a long DH... So far I like the bike a lot