Thread: For Joemamad

CTB
    mtbr member

For Joemamad

Joe,
    In case the PM system is being unreliable again, you can email me at ctbtyper (at) yahoo (dot) com. Well, so can anyone else, but anyway...

mtbr member
    now that i have your email, i'm going to email you allllllllll the time ...
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

CTB
    mtbr member
    You could have done that anyway via my profile.

While I have you here - how much does your S8 weigh?

mtbr member
    last time it was on a scale it said 42lbs. i changed out the chain guide since then.. maybe 41lbs?
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

CTB
    mtbr member
    Cool, thanks!

mtbr member
    the homegrown is about 28lbs. only because of the shiiiiity Rockshox Tora...

i really don't like rockshox. on my old 4banger i blew up both the stock R.S. Deluxe, the CoupeDeluxe they sent me as a replacement and blew the seals on the Boxxer that came on my current straight8 when i picked it up from some guy in Idaho 3years ago. the reviews here on mtbr about that boxxer fork claimed several times under " weaknesses " blown seals even after replacing them and i picked up the SuperT from Go-ride for a great price.( demo fork ) and it's been flawless and i've had an older SuperT on my other " sold" str8's and loved it.

Marzocchi Fork lover for life! can't say much for the other brands as i've never had them., wait, RST is junk too...

4Banger rear-shock up-grade: the Risse Racing Jupiter5. i had no problems at all, i took many big drops and nasty rock gardens with no issues what so ever and i highly recommend it for all 4 banger owners, Risse Racing has all the parts still in stock. just have to call for the custom order and will take a few days-week for assembly. well worth in my opinion. 541-526-7242. i just called to confirm @9:55'ish am 25 Aug and yes, they still have the goods to make the shock for the 4banger and i'm sure the '01 straight6.
    i want to up-grading to the Jupiter7R for the straight8, just need to pay off more bills first

http://www.risseracing.com/coilshocks.shtml
    Last edited by shwinn8; 08-25-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown