Thread: Icbm Headset

mtbr member

Icbm Headset

Hi guys need your help been riding my homegrown a lot to work but noticed steering very stiff since I built it and was thinking when I got my fork off ebay it came with a crown race still on it didn't take off as thought I would need it but does it work with the ICBM headset here are some pics thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Are you saying?

Are you saying that you used a non-ICBM race with an ICBM headset?

'Cause, you know, that could be the source of your problem - just sayin'.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Yes I did I didn't take old one off thinking it would work I think that could be the problem.

www.airbornemtb.org
    looks like you need to yank off that race from the fork and install the race that came with the headset onto the fork. basically replace the new race with the old race. headset races are usually not compatible from one headset to another
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    It did not come with one does the ICBM headset use a race.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

More info -

http://www.canecreek.com/manuals/Hea...structions.pdf

Several places sell them - you may need a new one if you don't have all the pieces.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Well took it apart today and guess what I did when I built it I had put two crown races on it because one was there on fork and I had stuck the other right on top of it lol learned me lesson.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Live and learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy74
    Well took it apart today and guess what I did when I built it I had put two crown races on it because one was there on fork and I had stuck the other right on top of it lol learned me lesson.
    Glad you figured it out... Go ride now.