mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Nice!

What model of rockshox is this exactly? I did not get if you took just the spring form a Lobo shock or the lobo rear shock anda added the trunnion.

Person
    Sep 2005

Homegrown Straight 6

Here is my Homegrown 4B with a longer shock as discussed in the other thread.

Picked up the shock body cheap on ebay, nice to have a rebound adjuster too as the current shock was from the bottom of the line 99 4banger. The spring turned out to be hard to get, I ended up buying a nos rear shock for a GT Lobo for $21 as the spring was close to what I wanted. Found that funny as I used to have one of those GT's back in the day.

I rushed the shock swap which now has me annoyed, wanted to measure the BB height before and after the swap. As you can see in the pics I had just enough threads for the Trunion to mount, but had to crank on a bunch of preload to make it work. In the end the new shock is 6mm longer eye to trunion, I figure about 1/2 degree steeper head tube angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Person
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lamparito
    Nice!

What model of rockshox is this exactly? I did not get if you took just the spring form a Lobo shock or the lobo rear shock anda added the trunnion.
    I just used the spring from the Lobo shock. You can see from the attached photo that it would never work on the 4B, it is a pull shock. Also added a pic of my spare shocks too.

There is nothing on the shock to show which model it is, but I would say it is a Coupe Deluxe as it has rebound adjustment only. And 2" stroke of course.

Currently changing the brakes too so will probably sell one of my 22mm Hayes sometime soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images