mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Help please 2010 Teocali owners

I've just received a new 2010 Teocali frame as a warranty replacement which I'm building up myself and all was going well until I got to the front derailleur cabling. The routing brings the cable down the underside of the downtube then under the BB (where the outer finishes) and am I right in thinking their should be a little plastic cable guide on the underneat of the BB shell to guide the bare cable around then up into the derailleur? At the moment there's nothing there and I'm struggling to see any other way it could be.

Thanks guys.

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm surprised this hasn't been answered. I am going to be doing this soon too. Every picture I could find, which was very little, points to no guide. the 2008 and 2009s should be similar routing to the 2010, so if any of you folks can take a look at the fr routing, could you comment on how it's done?

What?
    My 2008 has a plastic cable guide under the BB. But they changed the cable routing since then. If its a bare cable there needs to be some sort of guide.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Oops meant to post my reply earlier. Went back to the LBS and they dug out a plastic cable guide to fit it. This is definitely the way it should be.

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Cool, thanks. I'll be looking for that when my frame arrives.

Hey whippet, was the mounting hardware for the rear shock included with your new frame? I just got my new rear shock in the mail, a fox rp23, and it doesn't have any hardware with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    When my new frame turned up it just had a long plastic spacer bolted in place of the rear shock, mongoose said that since my old RP3 would fit the new frame they wouldn't supply a new shock.

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the info whippet. I got my new frame in. Took a look at it today.

Info for anyone else that has a Mongoose frame replacement in the future. The only hardware that came with the new frame are the derailleur hanger and the 19mmx8mm rear shock bolts.

Spacers/reducers for the shock are shock specific so they do not supply those. They can be found on line or you can call the shock manufacturer and they should have the right size you need. (a new shock does not come with the frame)

Seat post clamp QR did not come with it. Hopefully your old one is in good shape and fits, otherwise another thing to order.

Front Derailleur cable guide below the bottom bracket did not come with it. Thankfully it's standard. My LBS had a plastic one on hand they threw in which was cool of them.