mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Smile Help me decide between 2007 Teocali and 2009 Otero Elite

Hi I am new to this forum and can't decide which one is better. I can get a orange 2007 Mongoose Teocali for $599 or a 2009 Otero Elite for $499 from a local bike shop.

Is the 2007 Teocali worth a $100 more? Which one would you get? Thanks for replying!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The Teocali, because it has the Freedrive rear suspension that the Otero does not.

mtbr member
    Teocali hands down!!!!!!!! I have the Khyber Super and love the freedrive platform.... ride is responsive and quick and easy to set up...
    Proud to own some of the best bikes in the industry!!!!
    www.canfieldbrothers.com

What?
    The Teocali is a much better frame design, BUT prior to 2008, the frames were known to crack where the top tube meets the seat post. I would still go with the Teocali. Freedrive is amazing under braking and has pretty much no pedal feedback. The Otero ( got a 2009 Otero super for my wife) is a good bike but the you get alot of pedal bob in the rear.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    [QUOTE=mullen119]The Teocali is a much better frame design, BUT prior to 2008, the frames were known to crack where the top tube meets the seat post. I would still go with the Teocali. QUOTE]

True
    My 2005 cracked in exactley that spot.
    The good news was that Mongoose replaced the 05 frame with a 2010 Teocali Super frame complete with Fox RP23 shock just 4 weeks ago
    I am a very happy man