mtbr member
    Feb 2010

FS: 2001 Homegrown Factory 19"

anyone interested in buying this ?

i bought it used from someone, set it up and rode it 2 times for about 14 miles combined and realized it was just too large of a frame for me so i gotta part with it. Its in great shape, most original stickers except where you can see i put the other one when i got it, it was missing the other red SCHWINN large sticker. The paint is generally in great shape, just a few very minor scratches in the normal places. It is VERY LIGHT for a 19" frame, its just 3lbs 7oz which includes the seatpost clamp and integrated headset with bearings. Its a 2001 as you can see from the serial number, the last year they made the Factory, which is also great because its got the brackets for rear disc brakes which none of the other years had i believe.

I would like to get back what i just paid for it, so im asking $250

http://www.bonustomato.com/web/?q=node/475
    here's some more info on it if anyone is interested shoot me a message, thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i also have a homegrown suspension for sale. This is a 19 inch upper triangle i have had around, i purchased it after it was restored and painted with a clear coat. You can see its in mint condition still. i have a few other Homegrowns and would like to clear up some space in my bedroom haha. I got a few of these bikes now and have plenty of spares or assembled bikes around so im selling the ones that are basically wall art right now.

there is not a single scratch or dent on the bike as you can see, it has never been ridden or even assembled since it was restored.

mtbr member
    i'm too short
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i forgot to mention, i am 5'7, i am just a hair too short for these frames. I like a smaller frame because i prefer to ride it like a BMX bike on the trails hitting jumps and throwing the bike around a lot. i was able to ride the 2001 black frame since these are sized to the top of the seatpost not the top tube, even tho i was able to ride it i just prefer a smaller frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Do you have a picture of the rear triangle? How much are you asking?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    sorry i dont have a rear triangle for this, it was bought for a spare and since i have 2 other complete frames i wont use this size. I am asking $150.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I've got an '01 Rocket 88 Disc. Frame, Fork, and a bunch of misc. other stuff for it. It's got the original Manitou Mars Elite fork. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I can send a pic...just can't find them among my wife 50,000 pictures on the hard drive. Bike is in great shape, I just don't ride FS anymore.