mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Found Homegrown frame

I found a place where I can buy a 2000 Red Homegrown frame, new. I've just about given up looking for a Bass Boat Blue frame and this one is only $200 from a reputable shop. I've never forgiven myself for selling my homegrown and have been dying to build one for a while. I don't "need" this bike, I want it. Hell, I can't really afford it right now. I have almost all of the parts I need to get it rolling.

Talk me into this, please.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Do you really need talked into it? Sounds like you're there. I don't need my three Schwinns either, but I still have 'em! Plus the second you buy it, the laws of the universe indicate that you'l find the BBB frame you've been searching for all this time and will get that, too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I know where you found it,I was just looking at it earlier...I would get it.I just happened to buy a 2001 Homegrown 'Factory' frame off of ebay earlier today,paid $300 for it which may be a tad much,but it's in beautiful shape and I have always wanted one so I didn't care too much.Still,not too bad for a great looking 2.9 pound frame I think.

young grasshopper
    There is one straight-up answer: you will be the coolest dirtbag wherever you go. Dont take offence to dirtbag, thats the only term I could come up with to describe us mountainbikers.
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Get the orange one!I didn't notice it before so they must have just listed them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The red one will be here on Friday. I'm going to take my time and build this thing right the first time. It may take me the rest of the year to acquire the parts that I want to use but I think that's the way I'll go. I'll keep riding my Heckler and the anticipation of a finished Homegrown will carry me through.

young grasshopper
    when you do get it, please get some eye-candy for us
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CRed
    Get the orange one!I didn't notice it before so they must have just listed them.
    Where is it posted? I saw an orange S-20. Is there a HG as well?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ducrider45
    Where is it posted? I saw an orange S-20. Is there a HG as well?

Here it is....

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?m...oducts_id=8873

Only in 15" size though.Still,pretty nice frame though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CRed
    Here it is....

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?m...oducts_id=8873

Only in 15" size though.Still,pretty nice frame though.
    I just found a 17" HG Suspension in orange for $600. But they guy will not ship it to me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ducrider45
    I just found a 17" HG Suspension in orange for $600. But they guy will not ship it to me.

Oooo,orange!I bet that looks sweet,too bad he won't ship to you.
    Last edited by CRed; 06-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Let's see if I can get the photos up here...
    I'm going to take my sweet time with this build, mostly because $$ is tight and I already know that I'm going to go high end with components.
    I have to say that I am impressed by the fact that the frame came with a rear d hanger, a headset, a seat post clamp (with tomato), and a chainstay protector. Not bad for the price. I realize it's a 10 year old frame but it was never built so in fact it's brand new.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Great looking frame!And $200 is a great price for a basically new Homegrown frame,it's a piece of MTB history and not just another run of the mill frame from Taiwan,not that there's anything wrong with them.I would love an orange one,but 15" is way too small for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's mine,just got it today.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found Homegrown frame-tn_homegrown-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just to let you guys know,Ben's Cycles has it wrong.The orange frame is the much lighter scandium version with the forged chainstay and seatstay yokes.I wish they had them in at least a 17",I would buy one...I may buy one anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found Homegrown frame-tn_2000_specs.jpg