mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Finished Homegrown Limited - 2001

My New Schwinn Homegrown Limited. Built with no shortcuts taken... built all out!!

Tell me what you think!

Merry CHristmas
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr "member"

I thought you said you went all out!?

I don't see any hollow pins in that chain of yours! Seriously, NICE! I imagine selling a kidney to build the bike up must have been tough!

Very jealous.

Is the frame an ICBM headset or IS?

REEK

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Icbm

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

More Pictures

More pictures of my baby.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Nice

working on my anodized black, going disc though...

What size is the seat clamp?

any good ideas for a lightweight 26.8 seatpost? Thomson seems to be the only one make posts that size now...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Fantastic bike! I really like the homegrowns!! I hope soon i can have one of this....

Enjoy it

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The thomson is a great seat post... and it would ook great on the black frame! thomson also makes a Masterpiece... i dont know what fram size your running, but they pake it in a shorter length because it is a road seatpost... but it can be used for mountain too. Its way lighter then the seatpost i am running... thats about all i can recommend. Are you building off of a new Black frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    And im not sure about the seat clamp... i pulled it off of another gold frame we had, it came with the frame...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yes i am building off a new frame....Have everything but the seatpost and clamp.

I'm guessing yours is somewhere around 20 pounds? the masterpieces are about 250 mm if i remember correct...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    it wasunder twenty without the seat and pedals... and the seat is 125gr... an the pedals im going to be putting on {crank brother 4ti) are about 250 grams... soo probably when completely done... about 20 ... where didi you find that frame? what size is it? have any pictures?

mtbr member
    Thomson dosn't make a masterpiece in a 26.8. I asked them about it and it takes size specific and expensive tools for each size of post so for now they only make three sizes. Also they come in up to a 330mm. As for the clamp, it is either a 32mm or a 30.8. Hopefully not a 30.8 because I can't seem to find anyone who makes one. Salsa makes 30.6 and that might be close enough.
    I am building a gold homegrown as well. I am stuck a little on what stem size to run. I want it to be a little less agressive then a full on race machine and I will probably run a low rise bar. What size stem did you use? My bike is a 17in and I am 5'9". Thanks for any help.
    ben
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    looks mother eff'ing sweet!!!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8
    looks mother eff'ing sweet!!!
    Thank you very much!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blgrnday
    Thank you very much!
    anytime fellow homegrown brother!!

i'll post mine up when i get a chance...
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member

MY NEW Homegrown Limited

That's a sweet build!!!

I just found a full bike that is brand spanking new. I bought it from a guy in Philadelphia via craigslist. He never rode it on a trail and says he wnet to and from work 5 or 6 times. It is mint and came with the original XTR/Titec kit except absent the tioga/hugi wheelset and subbed Titec C3 bar. There is no evident wear on the rings/cranks/cassette at all and it seesm to have the original light Shimano lube on the chain. I'm running Bontrager XXX lite SE wheels on it. There isn't even the tiniest scratch or mar on the whole thing. The weld diming is so uniform and perfect and the SID shock is mint(I had my wrench service it). I'm in awe that there was one in the world in such flawless and original shape. Get ready to cry: I got it for $900. While I'd like to just sit and admiringly stare at it, I'll be racing it this season - afterall that IS what it was made for.

The racing starts tomorrow at the Winter Challenge, a two stage race in upstate VT - an ice crit Friday Night and then 30 mile snowmobile trail XC race Saturday. regards -

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Can we get some pictureS?

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman
    That's a sweet build!!!

I just found a full bike that is brand spanking new. I bought it from a guy in Philadelphia via craigslist. He never rode it on a trail and says he wnet to and from work 5 or 6 times. It is mint and came with the original XTR/Titec kit except absent the tioga/hugi wheelset and subbed Titec C3 bar. There is no evident wear on the rings/cranks/cassette at all and it seesm to have the original light Shimano lube on the chain. I'm running Bontrager XXX lite SE wheels on it. There isn't even the tiniest scratch or mar on the whole thing. The weld diming is so uniform and perfect and the SID shock is mint(I had my wrench service it). I'm in awe that there was one in the world in such flawless and original shape. Get ready to cry: I got it for $900. While I'd like to just sit and admiringly stare at it, I'll be racing it this season - afterall that IS what it was made for.

The racing starts tomorrow at the Winter Challenge, a two stage race in upstate VT - an ice crit Friday Night and then 30 mile snowmobile trail XC race Saturday. regards -

mtbr member
    I have the exact same frame (gold) not as pretty as the bass boat read but beautiful adn awsome ride anyway. Nothing rides like a homegrown i dont care how much you paid for it.
    build:
    rock shox sid race black box w/lockout (lime green)
    stans wheels
    Marta sl rear disc brake with custom stainless steel mounting bracket.
    avid mech on front
    stans ztr335 wheelset with american classic hubs
    full xt componants
    easton monkey lite carbon bars
    eggbeater pedals

mtbr member

Photos of the new baby.

I just took them but Hmmm can't download due to size limitation on this site.
    If it can be opened up for me...? Or can someone tell me how to shrink the file size I could post them.
    I raced it Friday night at an Ice Crit, my very first ride on it and then raced again Saturday on snowmobile trails for 30 miles. Should have had a Pugsley(3.7" tires). The HG was flawless for the crit but too skinny tired for the snow. Peace-Al

mtbr member

resize photo

To resize photo, if you have a pc, open up paint, drag and drop pic into paint. Click on "image" then "stretch and skew". Enter something like 50% in the horizontal and the vertical. Then re-save the pic. Make sure to rename the pic otherwise it will reduce the quality of your original pic. That is always what I do. Make sure to use the same number in the horizontal and the vertical. Otherwise it will skew the pic. Hope that helps.
    Ben
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member

Pics of the New Rig

Here are the pics. Sorry for the lil' bit o dirt after racing it this weekend.Enjoy mateys.
    Note the lack of wearmarks on the crank arm and the fine fine welding dime-ing. The thing rode flawlessly for the ice crit(last pic). It was a figure 8 kamikaze course w/ an intersection!
    -Later

mtbr member
    BTW The funky lights hanging off the seat and on the bars are required for the snowmobile trail race...I just hadn't dealt with taking the stuff off afterward.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I just picked up a homegrown limited for 400 buck, all stock expect the wheel. Why do the two pics look so different? Is the first HG a shot peened finish and the second just ano? Mine looks just like the second bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

01 Homegrown Super light Frame for sale

I have one for sale now. Super light frame

http://www.dorba.org/phpBB/viewtopic...c9c219eb0a3272