mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Excellent Mongoose distributor service

Being fairly new to this forum I was trolling through the Mongoose section when I came upon a thread abour cracked Teocali frames.
    I have [had] a 2005 Teocali Comp purchased new in july 2005 from a LBS.
    After reading the thread I went and checked my frame, Damn - my frame has a hair line crack in exactly the same place as those in the thread!
    No way would I have spotted if I had not read the thread.
    On February 18th I went in to the LBS to ask what the warranty was worth [not expecting much at all], I was told 5 years on the frame, take some photos of the crack, they would send them off and see what the response was from the Australian distributor.
    On February 26th I got a call saying they wanted two more photos, one of the serial number and one of the whole bike with that days edition of the local paper in it [I assume to prove it was my bike in the photo and not some palagerised net chop]
    Yesterday March 9th I got a call from the LBS to say my new frame had arrived!
    I went in and was presented with a 2010 Teocali Super frame in black and white.
    Today they swapped out all my parts and I picked up the bike - no charge what so ever and it took all of 3 hours to do the swap over and they trued the wheels.
    I'm stoked.
    20 days from initial warranty claim to new frame - excellent service.
    Whats more my old 2005 was certainly looking its age being ridden hard so getting a brand new frame for nothing is awesome.
    So my 2005 Teocali comp has slowly morphed in to a 2010 Super with the only parts remaining from my 2005 purchase being the wheels and shifters/derailers every thing else has been swapped out in 4 1/2 years

Fantastic

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This isnt the first time I have heard this. Apparently mongoose is really standing behind their products. I had a change to ride a teocali super back before this winter and fell in love with it.

A goose is definitely next on my list.