mtbr member
    Sep 2007

EC-D suspension set up help

I have a used 2007 EC-D and I have no idea how to set up the compression and rebound on the shock and fork.The fork is the Boxxer Team and the shock is the DHX 5.0.
    I was not able to find what I want on the Rockshock,Mongoose or Fox web sites. I understand what compression and rebound is. What I need are some base settings that I can start from.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Front fork from rebound all open two clicks in ,top compression blue knob all open the silver knob the floodgate one turn in. DHX 5.0..1st loosen the coil spring just enough that their is play then tighten it three full turns for proper spring setting . 2 the bottom out resistance knob turn it in to the second line, before you do this make sure the air chamber doesnt have much air in it. once that is set 3 now pump air to 150 psi in the chamber.4 propedal all open three turns in . 5 rebound all open three clicks in and that is your 5.0..This should give you a strong base setting then go from their my buddys ecd is set up like this . His about 155 lbs hope this helps...
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey that is great info. I am about 175lbs but those settings are a good place to start. The first owner of my bike did not know how to set it up or his little kids were messing with the knobs because they were all messed up.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have not had a chance to ride till yesterday. The settings you gave me are pretty close. I rode in nasty/snowy conditions,but the bike felt a lot better that when I got it. I can't wait to get on the hill on a dry day.
    Thanks again Miguel

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    cool dude, good to hear that, hope it dry's out for you could really shred hills.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    UPDATE
    The fork felt better,but was still too harsh imo. I took out the spring and found out it was the lightest spring. I put in the stock medium spring,and use only one click of compression damping. It feels much better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Very cool man ! how are you liking that ecd

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It's about time. I got some miles in at my favorite spot. One day of practice and one day of racing on dry trails. The new spring (yellow) and only one click of compression in the fork made a huge differance. I also set a little more sag in the rear and run only one click of pro-pedal. The bike soaks up stutter bumps and handles the square edged holes very well. I took a new Cove and a Devinci for a test ride and they felt about as good as my ECD.