mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Don't be hatin' but anyone owned a Rockadile before, chime in!

My son wanted a fixie and I told him I would get him a frame we could work on. Lots of new CRAP out there for big bucks. He did not want a vintage bike like what I restore so I searched. I came upon a decently priced(or so I thought ) and overlooked by the vultures out there 90's Mongoose made in Taiwannnnnnnnnn ( at least not China) Rockadile. The components were on par with my other sons Trek 9000 and is even the same purple color they liked to use back in the day. Both have 27sp triggered STX shifters and cranks, with cantis. Both are Aluminum and both have Cromo forks. This thing is light, at least for the period and since the kid wants a single speed it should drop some more weight with smaller rubber coming. So was this $60 score, a score even or a miss. I like the fact that it is a true looptail, and wish only it had horizontal stays out back, but with double walled Arayas it's almost a BMX cruiser. So what are your thoughts if you have had one or know anything about them. I have found a few on the net and one that had the exact things done to it that we are doing it to. I need to get a new or used stem though with little to no 0 reach as the kid wants a more sitting like position rather than hunched over. Anyone have a 25.4mm quill or adapter with short stem they want to get rid of? I know I can get them on Erayp, but we are doing this on the cheap. Pic show the Goose and below the other sons Trek. Any help would be appreciated.,,,,Mo in Clovis, CA

Don't be hatin' but anyone owned a Rockadile before, chime in!-00808_elamod1bi2w_600x450.jpgDon't be hatin' but anyone owned a Rockadile before, chime in!-1208740_10200605743573506_512287384_n.jpg

mtbr member
    I had a Rockadile SX back in the day. I miss that bike. It was my first real bike. It handled pretty well, but I never got to ride any real single track with it, just 4-wheeler trails. Mongoose made some pretty sweet frames back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free