Columbus, GA

Is this Canaan Comp a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm looking for a FS bike, mostly for XC with some jumping involved. Is this a good bike and is this a good price for it? Thanks guys.

What?
    Its a good deal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yes,good deal. I wouldn't try jumping it unless you're very light. The frame looks too similar to my broken 2005 Teocali, which I did not do any jumping with.

Edit: It should be ok as there appears to be extra reinforcement (bigger weld) at the head tube/top tube junction, that my Teocali didn't have. But i still wouldn't jump with it.

Columbus, GA
    I do jumps with a $350 hardtail that has over 2000 hard miles on it. I'd hope this FS could handle some small jumps. I know it's not made specifically for jumping, but maybe I need something a little beefier.

What?
    It should be able to handle small jumps with no problems. Pre 2007 mongoose freedrive frames had some know issues with cracking, But those have been solved. Its a 1700 dollar bike for 700 dollars. I dont know if you are the one who won it or not, But it was a good deal for sure.

Columbus, GA
    I didn't end up getting it. I'm going to try and get a Diamondback Mission, which is a bit beefier so it won't be limiting me. But thanks for the feedback, guys, I do appreciate it.

What?
    I would agree with a Mission. I think a Mission will be my next bike as well.