mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Boot'r riders?...help with sizing?

Looking for some boot'r riders out there to help with a sizing question. the new 2010 models look great but I don't have a shop nearby to demo and I'm stuck between small and med. I'm 5'8"-5'9", 30" inseam. The med top tube seems really long @ 24"+ . The small TT seems more reasonable @ 23.2 but the wheel base on the small is shorter than my cross country rig. The long TT seems great for stability but I'm afraid that in combo with the long chainstays on this rig I'll struggle to lift the front end.Then...standover height is pretty tall on all sizes although I don't know if that really makes any difference as long as you're standing on the pedals. Any body have any experience on the boot'r especially the new 2010's. Thanks all,
    Joggyj

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I would go with medium if i had to choose one for you because you can adjust the stem length and move the saddle front or back too.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by joggyj
    Looking for some boot'r riders out there to help with a sizing question. the new 2010 models look great but I don't have a shop nearby to demo and I'm stuck between small and med. I'm 5'8"-5'9", 30" inseam. The med top tube seems really long @ 24"+ . The small TT seems more reasonable @ 23.2 but the wheel base on the small is shorter than my cross country rig. The long TT seems great for stability but I'm afraid that in combo with the long chainstays on this rig I'll struggle to lift the front end.Then...standover height is pretty tall on all sizes although I don't know if that really makes any difference as long as you're standing on the pedals. Any body have any experience on the boot'r especially the new 2010's. Thanks all,
    Joggyj
    I wonder if the measurement of the top tube is an "effective" measurement, which is usually longer than an "actual" measurement. Since it is a DH bike, I would be interested in getting the smallest frame I could fit on for handling purposes.

I am 5"11 and will definitely not go with a large. Medium is probably approprite for me but I might even consider the small given that I have sat on a few small models of other makes and found them to be better for hauling down a mountain. I have no need to climb so keeping the frame small is very important to me. To be honest, if I was 5'8", I would go with the small. At 5'11" I still might go with the small!
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    thanks for the info guys. I really think the small is probably the right fit for me, I'm just worried that the wheelbase is too short. Thanks again,
    joggyj

Just Joshin' ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by joggyj
    thanks for the info guys. I really think the small is probably the right fit for me, I'm just worried that the wheelbase is too short. Thanks again,
    joggyj
    That just means it will turn better. Manualing with a long wheel base is a real PITA anyway.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!