mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Boken rear pivot on 07 teocali elite

One of the rear pivots on my Mongoose teocali elite 2007 broke and I need to replace it. Unfortunately the part is on back order (until 6/29 which means who knows) at Mongoose. I was wandering if I could go somewhere else to get this part because I would like to ride my bike this summer. Any help on locating this part would be greatly appreciated. Also any other options on fixing it would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows if this is a common thing to happen on this bike let me know. Just to clarify, The bolt broke from the bearing it was welded to on the one side. The other part threads over top of the end that broke off to form the actual bolt that forms the pivot, hope that is specific enough.

It is not the black part on the bottom that connects the swing arm it is the actual pivot bolt. Someone on another forum suggested that it is just a bolt and is not welded to the bearing. He felt I could get the bolt at any hardware store and it may be better than the original. Does anyone here know if this is true? Should I post this in another area to get an answer. I am really wanting to get back on my bike again, been down since mid-may and summers are short in Ohio.

I could not get any answers in the suspension and shocks forum so someone suggested I try here.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

Anyways I did look closer and the part that broke is the one of the metal sheaths on the side that thread over the bolt to make the actual pivot, it looked welded to the bearing mechanism because part of the sheath was stuck in the bearing. I can't get anymore specific than that so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a pic

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is another one

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is one of the part pieced together. please help the part is still not shipping and they pused the date back again.

achiever
    That's a little bit different setup than what is on my 06 Teo but...

I don't think you're going to find what you need at a hardware store, looks like you might just have to wait. The smooth part is what the bearing rides on so a threaded bolt aint going to cut it.

Also, make sure that the bearings that are in the linkage are ok, judging from the wear on the shaft of that thing, the bearings shot. You can get a full bearing set from Enduro and they are pretty simple to replace.

Enduro link: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

Thanks for your opinion. If the part ever ships it comes with new bearings. Do you have any idea how this could have happened? I do mainly technical cross country type stuff very mild low profile type jumps nothing to write home about ( I am not hucking cliffs in Ohio). Seems strange to have this type of problem on a bike only a year old.

achiever
    That lower linkage doesn't come lubed too well. I'd recommend cleaning and re-lubing the bearings a couple of time a year. The sealing of those bearings sucks so things get trashed pretty quick.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Broken rear pivot

Thanks for the info., sounds like this bike may not be what I thought it was. Do you still ride your 06' Teocali? If so how has it held up? If not what do you ride now.

achiever
    Yeah, I ride it all the time and love it. Just need to keep an eye on that lower link.

mtbr member
    The link on my '05 Teocali lasted about 2500 miles. Then the rear traingle cracked (replaced by warranty), then the bearings wore out (Mongoose replaced entire link and bearings), then the frame cracked. I consider it to be a good bike given my weight (235lbs) and riding style.

consider it wear that would happen on any full suspension.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Bolt

We have a place at home called http://www.automotivefasteners.com They seem like they can aways get a bolt we need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redwarrior
    That lower linkage doesn't come lubed too well. I'd recommend cleaning and re-lubing the bearings a couple of time a year. The sealing of those bearings sucks so things get trashed pretty quick.

I've been riding an '05 Teocali Super warranty replacment frame for 3 months. I just pulled apart the linkage and the bearings definately needed lubing. So as others have said, the linkage (at least the lower link) doesn't come very well lubed. I would pull it apart and relube it right away and then relube it midseason in dry conditions and more often in wet conditions. FYI

StraightOuttaCompton
    use a scooter axle. that is what i did on my kumicho and it looks around the same size as the one you posted.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0