Did you hear about updog?

BB question for Homegrown Owners

Hi guys, first time member, first post as well. Here goes, I just bought a 2000 Schwinn Homegrown Hardtail frame, 17 inch I believe. Did not come with a bottom bracket, I already had a lightly used 1997 Shimano LX FC-M569 set of cranks I want to use on this frame build. These cranks for those of you who don't already know, are square taper type. I've been searching all around for an XT level square taper bottom bracket in nice shape for a long time. I found a place (I hope it goes through) that seems to stock the BB-UN73 variety. The width my my bottom bracket I measured needs to be 68mm. Here is my dilema, I don't know whether to go with a 68 x 107, 68 x 110, or a 68 x 113? I have a feeling it will be one of these three. Do any of you other homegrown owners know which size I should buy? I'm thinking it might not even make much difference. Thanks.

bike dork
    My best guess is a 113. I just popped a UN73 113 in my Project Underground. The cranks (RF turbines) clear the stays nicer than with a 110 (will clear but soooo close). Now if I can only motivate to finish the build..
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

Did you hear about updog?
    thanks for the reply, i actually ordered a 110 and should be revceiving it today as a matter of fact. I read that with my cranks i should have no problems... i guess it kinda depends on the spindle hole on the crank arm as well. (98 LX 4 arms) so guess I'll have to see...my build is about halfway done as of yesterday, and will definitely post some pics when finished.
    [SIZE="2"]Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.
    -Kant[/SIZE]