Go Big or Go Home
    Feb 2008

Anyone upgrade the fork on their teocali? 160mm?

I have a 2008 Teocali super that I really enjoy, but the bomber fork is terrible. It only gets half of it's travel which is real annoying for the aggressive AM riding I do. Has anyone put a little longer fork on their Teocali 140mm-->160mm? Are you still happy with it even with the different geometry? I enjoy the descents and jumping off/over random obstacles and it seems like the 2 or so inches of travel my fork gets does not soak it up very well. Trying to decide if it's worth putting money into this bike or getting a different, more aggressive bike to start with. It's a tough decision because I enjoy the Shimano XT components my bike came with, and know that a big brand with equal parts will cost a good bit more.

What?
    I would say upgrading your fork is a good idea, 160 would probably be ok, but a 140mm fork that gives you full travel would probably be enough fork for you. If you went with 160mm, Maybe get a fork with 120-160mm adjustable travel so if you dont like it you can put it at 140.