mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anyone have a Mongoose Pro Wing Elite?

What do you think of it?

I have an older Mongoose Pro Sommet (2002) and I love it. Only problem is it's the wrong size for me. It's a large frame and I need a medium.

I found a dealer that still has Mongoose Pro Wing Elite (2006) in boxes. They have medium frames in stock. I was thinking of getting one. They're $333.

If you have one, how has it held up? I love the Mongoose Pro series bikes and it seems like the older bikes have better components. My Sommet has mostly Shimano Deore components but has a SRAM cassette.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hardwarz

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    So, no one owns a Wing Elite? lol

Hardwarz

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by hardwarz
    So, no one owns a Wing Elite? lol

Hardwarz
    Hi, there i own the same bike since summer of 2008 and it is a great bike, rides smooth, both shocks front and back are very responsive, im in love with this bike. it brakes perfectly fine and the shifting is quick and smooth.

Cross Country Rider
    Jan 2007
    I have a 2003 Wing Comp wish is the bottom of the Wing Line. It held up pretty well since I did most XC rides, the weak point on the model that I have was the suspension, since the rear shock broke while riding 2 years ago. The Wing Elite should be of a greater quality than mine since it is the top of the line if I am not wrong where you get better parts and better suspension.