What?

Anyone ever put a coil shock on a teocali?

I was looking at my teocali and was wondering if a coil shock would fit. I dont really need a new shock but I kinda want to try a coil shock just to see if how it changes the feel. Anyone ever try it or know if it would fit? It would be a tight fit and i dont want to buy one it it wont work.

mtbr member
    teocali is designed to work with an Air shock. I'm not 100% on this, but i believe the leverage ratio of the rear swingarm is such that it requires a progressive spring rate, something a traditional coil shock does not provide.
    stick to an AIR shock, thats what it was designed to use.

What?
    I know mongoose says to use a air shock. They say a air shock with a high volume air can(as far as I know high volume air cans are for a liniar feel). I keep hearing of people with frames "designed for air shocks" putting nice coils on them and loving it. Either way, I borrowed a friends coil to see if i could squeeze it in and it didnt fit. PUSHed monarch, here I come.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

coil on a '05 super Teocali>>>>>

fox rc Vanilla fits very well.never had a air on it so can't compare but have zero complaints-jump on & go/also have a psylo race front coil w/lo. warranty frame build up.ps/thanks pacific bikes for the warranty followup-great service!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever put a coil shock on a teocali?-teocali-super-002.jpg  

Anyone ever put a coil shock on a teocali?-teocali-super-003.jpg  

Anyone ever put a coil shock on a teocali?-teocali-super-004.jpg  

What?
    The frame designs have changed a lot since 2005 and coils don't fit anymore. I wish they did...