mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Any Schwinn fans out there?

Just bought a real nice old homegrown. Can't really ride it anyway (too much snow), but was wondering if there were any threads, sites, or resources to look at while I wait for the UPS truck.......

Scott

CTB
    mtbr member
    You just sorta have to pick out the good stuff from various places. I've started looking here, Ridemonkey, and whatever else I can Google up.

Did you hear about updog?

One thing to remember would be...

A major obstacle that many homegrown junkies run into might be the headset. If ever you intend on replacing the headset, or if your bike does not include one just incase you are buying it as a frameset, certain newer model frames require a proprietary Schwinn integrated style headset called ICBM. One quick place I know that sells these would be JensonUSA. I'm currently waiting on some parts to arrive so I can complete my vintage homegrown build up as well. I am very excited! Also, if you are doing an 8 speed nostalgia set up, then craigslist and ebay are wonderful places to find minty components that will work with the old 8 speed configuration.
    [SIZE="2"]Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.
    -Kant[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    pictures pictures pictures!!!!!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My cousin had a Schwinn balloon tire bike back around 1962 I always loved but couldn't afford one.(I rode a Huffy 3 speed).Forgettabod the paint jobs on Schwinns, dude. Too cool...Can't touch 'em!