CTB
    mtbr member

Any 4-Banger owners fit alternate rear shocks?

Hi all. I'm in the process of dialing up the suspension on my 2000 4B (new fork's on the way) and was just curious if anyone out there had come up with any designs for brackets to fit something other than the SID that the bike came with. I hope to machine some form of adapters to get a Fox Float back there and was curious if anyone had already done this. The trick is to adapt the industry-standard 6.5 I2I to the oddball I2I of the Banger. Thanks!

PS: Yes, I know I could buy a new bike and make this easy, but that's not as much fun.

Person
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB
    Hi all. I'm in the process of dialing up the suspension on my 2000 4B (new fork's on the way) and was just curious if anyone out there had come up with any designs for brackets to fit something other than the SID that the bike came with. I hope to machine some form of adapters to get a Fox Float back there and was curious if anyone had already done this. The trick is to adapt the industry-standard 6.5 I2I to the oddball I2I of the Banger. Thanks!

PS: Yes, I know I could buy a new bike and make this easy, but that's not as much fun.
    I have considered getting a new trunion made to fit a Fox coil shock. Let me know how it works if you get something made, or if you want to get 2 made.

mtbr member
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown