CTB
    mtbr member

Air shocks for Sweetspot?

I'm curious as to how difficult it is to find either a Fox Alps 4 shock from the ~96 Schwinn Sweetspot bikes, or the Rock Shox SID that was fitted to the 1999 Homegrown version of the Sweetspot with aluminum frame. I see the I2I is only 5.5" with a 1.25" stroke for this bike, so if I wanted to try an air shock on my Sweetspot, seems like choices are quite limited unless one wants to pony up for a Cane Creek AD-12 or Cloud 9.

Does anyone have info on this, or maybe some other air shock I've missed that fits the Sweetspot frames? Perhaps I can fit a 6.0x1.5 shock on there in its place and gain some travel at the risk of slightly steeper head angle? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Maybe you can find an old Cane Creek AD-10, that's what I got on mine.

Don't ride it much anymore since I've not been able to find bushings for the rear suspension anymore.
    Here's a old thread on these frames
    Schwinn SweetSpot Parts

CTB
    mtbr member
    Thanks for that thread - good info there. I got both tan and blue bushings from eBay for my bike, along with a pivot tube. My frame is a '98 Homegrown, so it has the blue bushings, IIRC. I haven't had to replace them yet...we'll see.