mtbr member
    Jan 2004

99 homegrown 4 banger

$$$ was right to restore/chinese pivot bearings flew out the door & enduro Max went in place +30 ti bolts,rides as well as the modern stuff-giant maestro,DW links included.would snag another if one came along.Q./ anyone seen the gold metalspek frames on any thing but the all mountains? should be a blue not Gold spec finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 99 homegrown 4 banger-schwinn-1999-4-banger-016.jpg  

99 homegrown 4 banger-schwinn-1999-4-banger-007.jpg  

99 homegrown 4 banger-schwinn-1999-4-banger-019.jpg  

99 homegrown 4 banger-schwinn-1999-4-banger-017.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Very nice.

Still one of the best feeling and riding suspensions of all time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 NRS View Post
    $$$ was right to restore/chinese pivot bearings flew out the door & enduro Max went in place +30 ti bolts,rides as well as the modern stuff-giant maestro,DW links included.would snag another if one came along.Q./ anyone seen the gold metalspek frames on any thing but the all mountains? should be a blue not Gold spec finish.
    ruhi

Person
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 NRS View Post
    The Homegrowns were sold with blue or gold bassboat paint. I have the same gold frame as you do.

Happen to have the bearing sizes? I would like to replace mine.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbernard71 View Post
    Very nice.

Still one of the best feeling and riding suspensions of all time.
    Agreed. I'd love to see a modern 6" Lawwill trail bike for sale. With all the advancements in weight and frame tech, I think it would be a great bike.

Baulz, I don't have the sizes, but the parts I ordered from Real World Cycling for my Banger were:

Main pivot and chainstay main pivot: 6001 LLU MAX C3
    Pivots at the rear axle: 608 LLB MAX

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    6001 LLU MAX C3 / 608 LLB MAX sounds right-4 of each. made a huge diff./max bearings use no cages & more bearings packed w/syn. grease. ENDURO MAX BEARING SPECIFICATIONS

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    FYI, I'm selling a complete Straight 6 rear end, which would give you a couple nice upgrades like the IS mount black magnesium dropouts and the longer travel Fox Vanilla shock. It would also give up a spare lower swingarm (which are known to crack from time to time).

By the way, you can also upgrade your fork's seals to Enduro seals and ditch the boots.