Thread: 93 hilltopper?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

93 hilltopper?

Ok I recently got back into biking and well I am a "diamondback" guy, (ok boo now...) When I first got into biking it was in 1993 when I got for my birthday a 92 hilltopper, purple with yellow scheme 20 inche. With I believe A-20 something for shifting etc....Can anyone tell me how much they were back in 93? Also the components? I let this girl borrow it and well it got sold for drugs
    I remember the shifters had like a round display? Also if anyone has pics, please post them. And if you were selling, please let me know.. I miss her...
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    i would say it's time for an upgrade
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Why
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Here is my blue '95 Hilltopper SX i bought new for around $500 (19.5"). It's basically stock except for the pedals & bar ends. It is set up 3x7 with grip shifters, v-brakes, and a RoxShox Quadra 21R fork in which I took out the elastomers & put in springs. Bike took a beating for many years so i did some work on it last year, its a great HT even for its age (sans the outdated fork). Nope not for sale,not that its worth much. Sentimental value.
    93 hilltopper?-mongoose-001.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    All semantics since it was sold for drugs.

I had a lower level hilltopper for a short time. Too small for me, but riding it was fun. Component list wasn't very good, but the frame still worked with just about everything that's out now, so upgrading is easy (no rear disc brakes). I don't think I'd use it on real trails though. Compared to the cost of a new bike, not worth upgrading it for fun, but definitely worth standard repairs and cleaning it up if you just want a fun bike to ride.

1994 Mongoose Hilltopper - BikePedia