CTB
    mtbr member

4-Banger owners: Some questions

HI all. I had some questions for those of you that own or have owned 4-Bangers. I'm awaiting delivery of mine (yay!), but in the meantime, I'm already thinking about changes, being the tinkerer that I am...

1. How does the trunnion height adjust work? Mine will have a Rock Shox SID shock (2000 4-Banger), so it won't have a trunnion or height adjust (as far as I know). Is it possible to adjust the trunnion without removing the shock on bikes so equipped?

2. Where can one get a trunnion? I know that Rock Shox and Fox are threaded differently - if I wanted to put a Fox Vanilla R on mine with a trunnion, am I SOL unless I have machine tools to make a trunnion?

3. Any recommendations on a spring rate for use with a, say, 2" stroke Vanilla R for someone 160 lb? Anyone know the spring rates for the springs that came on the smaller frames (15, 16, 17)?

I'll probably have more q's once my bike gets here, but until then, that's all I have. Thanks for any info!

mtbr member
    i called Risse Racing. they said they do have a coil over rear shock but since they are uncommon you would have to wait 3 or 4 days for assembly. here's their #: (530)246-8700.

http://www.risseracing.com/coilshocks.shtml

i had one on my 1998 4banger and i loved it. much better in my opinion then the rockshox
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    it's the Jupiter 5 is what i had i'm pretty sure
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown