mtbr member
    May 2008

2008 Mongoose Status 1st trail ride

I have been having my status for a couple weeks and I took it to the trails for the first time today and it handles really well, I really like it. The dual disk breaks work great, the ezfire shifters work awesome and accurate. Full sus also does the job for me. I paid right at 300.00 for it online and Im totally happy with it really good quality parts and well made frame. The big tires and light rims I really love! I dont plan on making any 20 foot jumps just basic trails and maybe some smaller jumps and I think this bike will handle every bit of what I will be using it for.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just took a look at the Mongoose Status online and was wondering if I can ask you how it's been performing for you since its purchase. I'm new to mountain biking but used to BMX when I was younger. I also wanted to ask you about the color of the bike. Most sites have the frames color listed as silver but in all of the pictures it looks white to me. Any and all help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.