mtbr member
    Feb 2009

2007 Teocali Comp worries

Hello mtbr!
    This is my first post and I hope to become an active member of these forums over time.

I just bought an 07 Teocali Comp from performance bike yesterday. After looking around, I've read of some horrible stories involving the 05 and 06 models cracking mid-ride. I've also read that Mongoose has taken some measures to improve these weak areas in the frame on the 07 model. However, I have not been able to find any information in regards to how well the change is holding up(searched many times... forgive if this was covered).
    I've also read that the bearings on the linkage behind the BB seize up. Fortunately, I was able to find a lot of info on how to remedy this issue.

So my questions are these:
    Has anyone had this frame cracking issue with an 07 or later Teocali frame?
    What are the early signs of the bearings seizing on the rear triangle?

Thanks in advance!
    -inazma

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I guess nobody has run into issues yet! I'll take it as a good sign and update if my bike has similar problems. So far everything has been great!

mtbr member
    .....just search the forum. Theres many instances. Unless you ride like a pansy that weighs 50 lbs. Youre going to be needing to replace your bearing/pivots and other stuff.

mtbr member
    Hey this is my second post in here i just got a TEOCALI COMP 2007 took it downhill and havent gone thru any problems and my weight is 220 lbs so believe me if it does not break with me i dont think is going to break ..
    Second place is always the first looser!!