mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2007 Mongoose Teocali Elite Bolt Kit

One of the bolts that holds the front frame the the rear of my 2007 Teocali Elite has broken. I need replacement bolt. Tried going through my local bike shop (mongoose dealer), however they are some how unable to get a Bolt Kit from mongoose. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get one?

Thanks

What?
    ironicly, i needed just the shock bolts and my local shop wanted to sell me the whole kit. where do you live? you can get them from a performance bike shop (thats where i can get it from) if you dont live near one. go to www.performancebike,com and look for the phone number. im sure they would be able to help you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    mullen119

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I've been trying to go through my local performance bike (Torrance CA / Los Angeles). I don't know if the guy is just draging his feet or what. For some reason he's trying to email them instead of just picking up the phone and calling. I'll try the online route or deal with someone else at the shop. Good luck on finding your part.

What?
    I called mongoose for mine. they dont sell to the public, but they will give you a part numbers. I would just get the part number from them and take it to your local performance and tell them to order it for you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks.

Pee's in the H8teraid
    A poster named "Fightnut" in the Mongoose photo thread above had the same problem. They could not get the bolts so they gave him a new bike...The new framed bike...
    Shoot him a pm..
    '10 SXT
    '10 Demo 8
    '09 Yeti DJ

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yep, had an '07 Teocali Comp, bent a bolt, after 6 weeks of back and forth phone calls to the local shop (Performance), and e-mailing Performance customer service, and phone calls to the distributor, they finally admitted that they couldn't get that hardware anymore!

A bike that was only 18 months old at the time! AND, a bike that they still had for sale on their website, and they couldn't get that hardware anymore? That's crazy.

But in the end, the local shop got the ok to give me a complete new '09 bike. So I certainly am appreciative to that store manager.

Still think it's crazy that a supplier couldn't get parts for a bike that was only 1.5 yrs old.
    It's not like I was trying to get parts for a 10 year old bike.

So I would suggest anyone buying a Mongoose, be sure to order a couple bolt/bearing kits to have on hand in case they can't get them when you need them.

P.S. Yeah, I know this is an older thread, but thought it might be helpful to someone at some point. :-)

mtbr member
    I called mongoose and requested to be emailed all the part #s for the bolt kits, bearing kits, etc. from mongoose. i never got the email... i will have to call them again i suppose.