mtbr member

2007 jamis dakar xlt or 2008 mongoose teocali comp

considering purchasing one of these for my gf (2007 jamis dakar xlt or 2008 mongoose teocali comp) . she wont be doing any DH bombing but mostly XC and little rockgardens. mongoose tecocalli got some good reviews, even with the suntour rear & front susp. 140mm upfront, 5.75" rear travel. i'm a little concerned about pedal-bob, but from what i've read it's not bad with this bike. didnt find many/any mag reviews of the '07 jamis dakar xlt, but have read some positive user reviews. i've seen the dakar xlt spec'd as 100mm up front and 120mm upfront, not sure if one was a typo or if it comes both ways (relic comp fork). i'd appreciate feedback from some who might have experience with these bikes. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm a big teocali fan, but if the lady is a casual, non-aggressive rider then I would look at the weight of each option and go for the lighter and more comfortable ride that has a good fit. That means research and test riding. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

which one

so which one did you get. I'm only curious 'cause I owned both of theese bikes. I still have the teocali, however the jamis does build into a light bike. I love the freedrive system of the mongoose i own 3