mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2006 teocali super shock upgrade

I'm thinking about updating the rear shock on my 2006 teocali super. I'm not sure which tune I need. Low,Medium or High? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What?
    what shock are you looking at?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am looking at the new RS monarch RT3. I have also been looking at the fox RP23 and RS Monarch 4.2

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrabe1979
    I am looking at the new RS monarch RT3. I have also been looking at the fox RP23 and RS Monarch 4.2
    I am not familair with the leverage ratio of the 2006 frame. Mongoose hase changed it almost every year since freedrive first came out. You can buy a custom tuned RT3 from PUSH

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=NEW! RockShox Monarch RT3&product_id=75

Custom tuned for your bike and weight. You can email them as well and they will suggest the correct tune for you, even if you dont buy there product.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! go coil/

much more simpler.I weigh 180 & find a 750 wt. spring works very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2006 teocali super shock upgrade-teocali-super-004.jpg  

2006 teocali super shock upgrade-teocali-super-002.jpg  

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Looks like a tight fit. When I had my 06 teo super, the seat post would often hit the rear shock mount if I dropped the seat too much. Just something to be careful about when considering a coil shock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Rp23

I ended up getting a 2009 RP23 take off for $100. I am planning on sending the RP23 and my pike 454 off to push industries after christmas for the custom tune.

mtbr member
    May 2009

how is the rp23?

Hey, my wife just got a new 07 teocal, at least thats what we think it is, and I was wondering how the rp23 is working out for you, the stock shock is garbage and needs to be replaced. thanks!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Oh yeah. Its been great! Much better than the MC 3.1. I would also consider getting an RP2 I really don't need or use the 3 different settings of the RP23..