Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

New question here. 2006 Mongoose Pro Wing Elite

Does anyone own this bike, i would like to know if it's a good bike just for regular rides not for trails? since i already ordered it on amazon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Smile mongoose pro wing elite 2006

brilliant bike .. has never let me down.. but you might want to change tho forks..but other than that a fast bike...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    How smooth is the ride, is it comfortable, how are the disc brakes and what's the problem with the front fork?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    the ride of the bike i would say is very smooth. i changed my tyres to panaracer pro (red) which make the ride exceptionally smooth. the disc breaks are good but not exellent after about 6 months (depending on how harsh you use them) but when they do start to go. get your self some avid juicy 3's (hydraulics) $49 each with calaper and lever. the forks i think you have are rst gila tl's there ok but extreamly bouncy and hard to bottom out because there 100 mm travels.. thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i just received the bike yesterday it's still in the box have not opened yet, because i need to take it to a bike shop for assemble. the fork i have on mine are Spinner Grind OS-1 100mm travel w/ preload adjust and hydraulic OX Valve damping are these any good?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    cant say i have ever known any one that ha had them but any forks with damping and preload are normally good..

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i was looking at your tires, but they are about the same thick as my originals, i was actually looking on getting some thicker rounder tires since they make the bike look better. do you know if kenda tires are good or panaracer are better?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    panaracer last longer.. but if your looking for rounder tyres i surgest dmr moto tyres there plain black but i have owned a pair and dident look good on my bike so i got the red panaracer tyres

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    but i see panaracer has thick tires as well, i might consider buying them, do you know what is the thickest tires in inches i can put on this bike? also is 20" size frame good for me since im 6 foot tall?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i think the thickest tyres you can put on the bike is 2.3'' which is wide and slows you down but the panaracer ones look really nice on the bike and there 2.1''
    yes 20'' should be fine for 6 ft

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    what is largest size frame available in bikes? and can you please recommend me a good pair of panaracer wide 2.1" all in black

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    the largest frame size is 26'' which is huge e.g. if your 7ft. im only 5ft 5'' and i have a medium frame which is 20'' which is built for someone my height. panaracer tyres i have only known them to *** in red and black but im sure if you look on a website e.g.halfords(england) you might find some dmr moto tyres which are all black and 2.33''width and look the piece.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    but my bike is a large, and it says 20" frame. how is yours 20" and be medium? don't understand. also can you please post some pictures of your bike im just curious to see how it looks with the panaracer tires.
    Last edited by conazo; 06-19-2008 at 02:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    im posting a picture now.. sorry mine is a 18''.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ok cool!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    sorry but i have a too powerful camera and all my pictures are too big to post. but if you give me your e-mail i have no proplem posting them to you that way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sure my email is CONAZO2003@YAHOO.COM

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    okay i have sent you some.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Wow! your bike is beautiful, what year is it? because the frame looks a little different than mine. plus mine is all black and your fork is different also you have rst. i dont i have grind os spinner which one is better?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    cool.. well my bike is a 2005 limetid edition. well rst are cheep but good. os spinner are probibly just as good as rst.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ok cool, mine is 2006. also do you know of a cheap ceiling hook hanger for my bike since i live in a small apartment and don't have to much space. i will also upload some pics of my bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ok cool.. would you prefer to send them to my e-mail address??

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    also do you know of a cheap ceiling hook hanger for my bike since i live in a small apartment and don't have to much space.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ill just have a look for you! which country do you live in? so i know what website to look at

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast