CTB
    mtbr member

1998 Moab Aluminum BB Question

Hi all. I'm slowly acquiring all the parts needed to bring my 98 Moab 2 Aluminum back to life, and one of the items I'm missing is a BB. I haven't yet been able to find anything online that actually outlines what BB size/thread/etc I should be looking for. The only experience I have with this is when I took the BB out of the frame 8 years ago and immediately installed it into another Schwinn frame, so no thinking was necessary. Can anyone help out on what I should be shopping for? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You should get a new crankset with an external BB,they can be used for both 68/73 BB's using spacers.

CTB
    mtbr member
    Certainly something to consider. Does anyone know the specs of the old stuff in case I can find something used for a good price? 73mm/113?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB
    Certainly something to consider. Does anyone know the specs of the old stuff in case I can find something used for a good price? 73mm/113?
    i run a 2000 Moab 2...i have had no accomplishments with what is called Schwinn nowadays...if you need specs try you lbs and see if they have any old spec books...fortunately for me mine did when these questions arose...good luck...