View Poll Results: Should Wisconsin and Minnesota get their own forum?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes....MN & WI should get their own forum.

49 79.03%
  • No.....leave things the way they are.

4 6.45%
  • Wisconsin should have its own forum.

12 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    =========

Wisconsin Minnesota Forum Split *POLL*

This was discussed and died, so lets see what kind of numbers a poll produces and maybe we can persuade Gregg and Francois to make this small change to the state forums.

mtbr member
    Wisconsin has great cheese. I love Monroe, Madison, and New Glarus.

Witty McWitterson
    VOted.

I luff you gomez.
    Just a regular guy.

One Colorful Rider
    As Big as Minnesota and Wisconsin's Bike Culture is
    I Can't Believe They Have Not Had their own Forums

If I'm Not Mistaken Minneapolis and Madison are one of the Largest Cycling Friendly Citys
    And it's not because of the nice weather

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Normbilt
    As Big as Minnesota and Wisconsin's Bike Culture is
    I Can't Believe They Have Not Had their own Forums

If I'm Not Mistaken Minneapolis and Madison are one of the Largest Cycling Friendly Citys
    And it's not because of the nice weather
    I also believe next to Cali, Wisconsin has the most mapped biking trails of any state... I think that alone should warrant its own forum... but I do think Minnesota should be included.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I think Chicago should have it's own forum with splits for the suburbs, each and every suburb.
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

mtbr member

Good job! Put in my Vote..

I agree, would be nice to separate them, hopefully would spur more action on both groups!

Gomez - Thanks for starting this..
    "To Name me, is to label me." -
    Michi or Dick Van Patton

I just passed you
    Yes, holy crap YES!
    Ride a decent line, won't ya!

Sweep the leg!
    as long as we're separate from Ill-annoy
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    hmmmm. yeah, i tried this a month or so ago w/o a poll. good idea. as i stated then things should ratchet up once eco stimulus/tax return checks get into our hot lil' hands and we all start buying bling or new bikes. then once that 1st 40 degree day hits it will explode! boom.
    i'm all for Wisco having it's own tab but if we have to share i'd go for MN peeps. not dissin' at all on other states (except FIB's of course haha) but it's not likely i'd drive to OH, KY (luv the lube btw) to ride on a regular basis. if i was going to go to 1 of those fine states i'd pop into that forum and say howdy, where do i go for tasty trails? make sense?
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    as long as we're separate from Ill-annoy
    we get out own forum anyway, our population is more than both MN and WI combined.

Or is illinois joining with the politics forum?

Seriously though,with the amount of illinois riders riding your trails it makes sense to keep WI,MN,IL in the same forum.
    Bet you one of my bikes that there was more IL riders in WORS than MN riders. I did the whole series personally. were up there all the time,even not for wors. if you knew how much money i spent on Gas and Cheese in your state, you'd give ME my own Wisconson sub-forum.

mtbr member
    There is more messed up than you guys wanting seperate forums, like michagin being alone, for instance. just giving you guys a forum wont fix other problems that can also be solved.

Im not voting in your poll, as i want none of those to happen.

Ive posted this before and its my vote on a clean and efficent forum grouping.

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    There is more messed up than you guys wanting seperate forums, like michagin being alone, for instance. just giving you guys a forum wont fix other problems that can also be solved.

Im not voting in your poll, as i want none of those to happen.
    Thanks for visiting Wisconsin and buying gas and cheese. We recommend you add beer to your shopping list. This isn't a turf battle. The proposed separate forum is just a click away for any visitor from any state. Think about Illinois as more than just Chicagoland. What would a rider from Carbondale think about your map? There is so much more that unites us as riders than divides us as residents of neighboring states. I recognize you and Seanbike as active members of the Chicago group of riders. Don't think of this as some kind of slight to you and other FIBs. You have an excellent network of regional forums in Illinois. Wisconsin does not have that kind of network and this new forum could help people enjoy their mountain biking experience. What could you possibly have against that?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    WI and MN get reciprocal in state tuition so I think it makes sense to give us a separate forum that is shared between the two...

Reciprocal tuition, reciprocal forum! It's all about cultivating the brotherhood of MN/WI (although UP-ers should be able to post on those, too since they are all packer fans anyways and the LP of MI doesn't really like them much...)

Another Retro Grouch
    I voted you guys go away as soon as possible. No Pack fans or Viking fans, it's a two-fer!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter
    I voted you guys go away as soon as possible. No Pack fans or Viking fans, it's a two-fer!
    +1...

mtbr member
    just remember this......

if OUR city gets the olympics, YOUR getting millions of dollars for YOUR trails thanks to US and what WE got done.

your welcome.

ill just make sure to come ride them more often.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=3839097

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4717268.story

=========
    Gregg (MTBr Site Manager) sent me the word that the forum for MN/WI is going to happen.....however, it will take some time for him to fit it into his (rather large) list of things to do. Thank you to everyone that participated in a positive way to make this happen and please be sure to send a word of thanks to Gregg and Francis for their help in this endeavor.

Witty McWitterson
    sweet! good news gary.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    yay! a day of change in the US for sure. this is easily on par with Obama moving into the white house.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er