Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SS FR HT

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Wisconsin Freeride Found!!!!!!!!!!!

Vertical Illusions is the place to go. An amazing park Year passes are $45 and it is worth it. We are having a build sunday May 25. Send me an email. im heading out there early in the morning to finish some log rides as well as a couple hucks. There is a lot of steep downhill as well as a lot of bridges. Send me an email or Private Message if you want to go on sunday. Kitsapfreerider@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kitsapfreerider; 05-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

SS FR HT
    im going to take more pictures this sunday of the harder trail and some of the hucks. Also with a better camera
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

hippster
    Nov 2007
    Where is this place?

SS FR HT
    This is north of Wisconsin Dells in Friendship

mtbr member
    nice nice, im not quite sure i can make it this weekend but illl see whats up, those ladders look decent, i wanna know what the hucks look like

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    This Friendship?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...z=7&iwloc=addr

I'm in the Twin Cities, but it looks like it may be worth the drive.

mtbr member
    just curious as to how many trails there are.
    i am also wondering how you get to the top (is there a shuttle that runs or is it hike-a-bike).

mtbr member
    hike-a-bike, and i think theres a road someplace but being in wisconsin its not very high so im sure hike a bike would be faster, hey ufisher any more updates on when nordic is going to have a chairlift day again?

mtbr member
    Looks great, can't wait to try it out. Please post more pictures when you have time. I'd love to help out but my summer is busy with road racing and my new son. I will gladly help out in late August when my racing season comes to a close.

mtbr member
    spazzy-the chairs will be running for the race, june 14 & 15. we haven't talked to him about any other dates yet.
    here is a pic of the latest addition

SS FR HT
    yep that the right friendship. We are going to put in a set of teetertoters like that sunday if we get the time. Currently there is a couple trails that lead to the top. The elevation change is actualy very good. The trail im going to be personally working on is a north shore section. I want to mimic the north shore sections im used and grew up on. The trail is on the peak and has a small elevation change but is mostly flat. there is a lot of rock and trees.

Its $45 for the year. We have a chainsaw(posibly two), 3 shovels, 2 rakes, 1 hoe, 1 pick, 25 lbs of 16p nails. So anyone else want to build? It really is worth it. The park has very litttle building restrictions. 20-30foot hucks are okay to build. the biger the better. iM sticking with the 10 footers, haha.

Anyone want to come sunday, one person would be nice.

SS FR HT
    Heres what brad, my bro and I got done today. Does not look like a lot but we had to remove a lot of stumps and i didn't get any pics of the table top im putting in. I got pics of only one of the hucks its only a 15 foot gap but at higher speed you can huck it about 20 and fall 15 feet. Next time im going with a better camera and going to take pics of all of the features. All of the pics are from one trail and there is one other trail. If we get more riders we can put in a lot more trails.
    Last edited by kitsapfreerider; 05-25-2008 at 05:37 PM.

mtbr member
    that looks kinda sketchy dude...lol, andy, is that place even legal?

SS FR HT
    yep the place is completely legal its a freeride park. they look sketchy but there all really stable. the posts for the bridges are in the ground 2 feet and the logs are all secured really well. we will clean up the bridges when we get the rest of the trail cut. We are also replacing a lot of the ladder rungs soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    hey, as an aside - lake delton just opened a very very sweet little concrete skatepark, also, so bring your skate. definately some cool happenings down there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

How long are the trails?

How much trail is out there?
    Is this a 30 second or 30 min trail?

mtbr member
    How has the trail handled all the water?

SS FR HT
    Both great questions,

first trail length total im not sure of but its a couple minutes long and both areas im building, the A-line inspired trail and the north shore trail are going to be longer section. right now though unless we get more builders the northshore section is going to be really limited because it takes a lot of time and man power. It might just be an obstacle course insead of a trail. then in the furture cover the entire top of the park. The A-line like trail will switchback down the entire side of the north east slope from the trail chutes and ladders to the rock cliff. The south east trail right now just called the expert trail is really short but you are really lucky to make it down to the bottom in one peice. definitly a double black diamond trail.

The water issue. Okay so as a lot of you are aware of im from washington which has some of the most rainfall in the US. so im really good with drainage. I have not been to the trail sence the big rain storm. One thing is there is a fall line that runs down the mountain and i was told it would be a proble right now the trail that crosses the fall in line has bridges over it. i plan of adding wood gates just to slow water flow down. but the trail itself i think will do fine most of it is on a slope with a steep grade trail. Theres a lot of armored sections that provide dranage through the cracks. but i will give a report next time in up.

Anyone want to go help Brad and me???Send me an email or private message.

mtbr member
    andy, rocks often provide better drainage on wet trails...i'd try that before wood gates, but you might need to irrigate it a little and do both...just make sure it doesn't end up like that corner of ben and baylon's trail.

SS FR HT
    yeah the gound is to soft for rocks and the fall line is about 15 feet wide. on th trail itself we use rocks. yeah im making sure it doesn't end up like ben and baylon's trail. that thing was so bad in that mid swection were the trail was a runninf river, haha, the mud was 12 inhes in some areas covered my a foot plus of water.

ht freerider
    Nov 2008
    i live 20 min away and do 20 foot bashers on an xc bike, ps they sell kona there and the dude that started the place is called easton i know all that

ht freerider
    Nov 2008
    does that tree make u want to lower you elbow on the ramp cuz that wud be bad if it did

mtbr member
    FYI. Building Stunts out of dry rot is not advisable.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This place even rideable anymore? This is pretty much all Ive ever heard f it.
    Last edited by scottvt; 12-26-2011 at 06:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    No, the owner closed it years ago and turned the land into an amusement park ride. zip lines i think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast