mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Bonking ... not feelin' well ..Wisconsin Dells MTB

...coming from Colorado to Wisconsin Dells in July and will be in desperate need of some mtb trails. Can anyone give me a heads up where to go.

Thanks....I think
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

Sweep the leg!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    What caffeine powered said, nothin in dells, but come over to la crosse for the human powered trails and head up to Levis mound--both worth the trip.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Devils Head Ski resort (possibly) if it isn't closed for the exteme mudder competion has some challenging trails but aren't particularly well maintained, about 20 minute drive. Mirror Lake State park (5 minutes from the Dells) has trails but is pretty sandy. Cam Rock is about 1 hour 10 minutes from the Dells and has great trails. Madison/Verona also has trails and is about an hour drive.

Ballstein Models
    check out madcitydirt.com for trail info around Madison

The source for mountain biking information in the Madison Wisconsin Area:

Capital Off Road Pathfinders

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks guys. I was hoping there was something closer to Wisconsin Hells but maybe not. I am heading there with the in-laws so I may have to drive - which means more time away from the in-laws.
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Good road riding out there..

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Devil's Lake

I know it wasn't awesome or anything, but do they still have MTBing trails at Devil's Lake? Devil's Head is probably the closest singletrack to the Dells. The guys at Wild Side Velo in Baraboo can help you out if you want some local support.
    tankpro.org
    IMBA National Mountain Bike Patrol
    southernkettles.org

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by poontank View Post
    I know it wasn't awesome or anything, but do they still have MTBing trails at Devil's Lake? Devil's Head is probably the closest singletrack to the Dells. The guys at Wild Side Velo in Baraboo can help you out if you want some local support.
    Devils Lake has a Multi Use Trail. Don't expect it to be a challenge and keep in mind that it's shared with hikers, dogs, and children.

Biking | DevilsLakeWisconsin.com
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I suggest Levis, worth the trip! Ride cliffhanger and sidewinder!

Hooked
    We're gonna be in the Dells this weekend. Is it worth bringing the bikes to do Devils Lake? How far is Levi Mounds? Trip includes extended family, so time away (ie drive time to trails) will need to be minimized. Know Cam Rock is an option, but we live closer to it outside of Milwaukee than we will be while at the Wilderness resort.

Kinda kills me not to ride this weekend, but maybe I should just go with the waterpark thing and attempt to relax (among hundreds of screaming children)
    My blog - this, that, travel, garden, bikes, fitness, family, whatever

Instagram, Twitter you'll find me as beerbikegirl